Hi People of the Web

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by skadoosh, Apr 19, 2012.

1. skadoosh

skadoosh Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 19, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Hello peeps,

My name is Erik. And I just got a new E-P1. (I know that there are newer models out there, but this one was the right price and I like the look over the E-P2, and didnt want to shell out for a silver E-P3)

:biggrin:

I am just beginning photography and hopefully I can improve my eye and my technique.

2. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Congrats, and welcome!

The E-P1 is still a much beloved camera, despite its age and foibles (AF speed is not for everyone). What lenses did you get with it, or intend to pick up in the short term?

3. skadoosh

skadoosh Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 19, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    I currently have the Panny 14mm on it. I want to get the Olympus 45mm. And either the Panny 20mm or the Leica 25mm. I also want a toy lens for it. Not sure which though.

4. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    The People of the Web welcome you Erik. All ye who enter, beware of your wallet.

Gary

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome - I love my E-P1 and I expect to eventually move up to the OMD, but I don't plan to get rid of this camera. It is truly a classic. Both the Only 45 and the Panny 20 are excellent lenses. Enjoy!:biggrin:

6. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    The P14 is a good match for the E-P1 but between the P20 and the O45 I think I'd go for the P20 first. They are both terrific lenses although I find the focal length of the 45 (short tele) is not something I use nearly as much as the P20 (normal). I also find the 45 is rather noisy when mounted on my E-P1.

7. skadoosh

skadoosh Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 19, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks for the info. I didnt realize that the 45 had some noise issues. Is it as bad as the Panny 25?