1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi, newbie from Portland here

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by T3D, Jun 26, 2013.

1. T3D

T3D New to Mu-43

Jun 25, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    Ted
    Hello Everyone,
    My name is Ted and this is my first post here. Purchased a GH3 last week with the intent to use it to shoot photos and video documenting and promoting my girlfriend's personal training business along with some of my hobbies.

I am stepping up from a canon g12 that I usually used in auto mode due to lack of manual shooting knowledge. My first two lenses I decided to buy were the cheapest high quality wide angles, the p14mm and the rokinon 7.5mm. I think the next lens I will purchase will be the 12-35mm.

I am very pleased with the camera so far but I realize that I have a lot to learn. Hoping this forum will help me to realize the full potential of my new camera and to be able to make the best images/videos that I am capable of.

I just made a flikr account with my favorite images from my first week with the GH3 shot in auto with the 14mm & the 7.5mm check them out here Flickr: schwallz's Photostream
    I also made my first video for my girlfriend shot handheld in Auto check it out here https://vimeo.com/69039220
    Any feedback is welcome! Thanks!

2. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

3. T3D

T3D New to Mu-43

Jun 25, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    Ted
    No I do not have a steady cam yet... That looks nice. One of the first things I really would like to get dialed in is more stabilized video. I am thinking a OIS lens like the 12-35mm plus a tripod and steady cam would help me out a lot.

4. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Welcome! Cool shots with the fisheye. As for the video, I think Glide Gear makes some affordable yet effective stabilizers you should check out.

Try your best to shoot without iA mode. Not only will it improve your photography, but it will make the experience that much more rewarding.

5. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Welcome aboard, Ted!

Regards,

Jim