1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

HI new VIC user

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by dannat, May 2, 2010.

1. dannat

dannat Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    Joined up after getting an e-p1 yesterday at a 25% off sale in croydon (part of Melb) - i love the metal feel & look of the e-p1. have used an oly camera for about 3-4 yrs (e500). i feel the 500 has a lot of thermal noise for long exp & i hope the newer chip / software performs better in this respect.

i am interested to see if the image overlay function works

i bought with the 17mm because it is a prime & it had the viewfinder. i will shhot mostly night sky shots (of the constellation) and landscapes.
    Have a trip planned to the US in September to catch up with some binocular friends & hope to get some shots of the rocky's

i might also add i am not a big fan os olympus master & am wondering if corel p/shop pro is being used by any of you guys

2. dannat

dannat Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2010
    Melbourne Australia
    here is a quick pic with the 17mm, urned out nicely except for the over highlight around the teeth/mouth - just a little bright, no adjustments done

Attached Files:

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello danat, welcome to the forum and please do make yourself at home. :friends:

I launched a poll yesterday about which post processing app people use, if any here.

Cheers

Brian

4. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey Howdy Dannat welcome. I just wrote a huge story on how i came across m4/3thds and how i ended up acquiring my camera and somehow i pressed the wrong button and it all disappeared into thin air!!:mad: 

So sorry about that, I have to cool myself down a bit and go and eat my pie. Geez, it was a good story too.

icon

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Another Oz welcome Dannat - you will love :43: the more you use it.

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome dannat and congratulations on your new E-P1, too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.