Hi....New from Florida

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by dagaleaa, Jun 5, 2011.

1. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Hi...My name is Dawn. I am new to this group, and new to micro 4/3 cameras too. I am not new to photography. I had a father who collected cameras and equipment, but didn't seem to take many photos!! In my teen years I experimented with just about every make and every format of camera there was. It was fun!! I developed my own film, and turned my mom's bathroom into a darkroom....those were magical times in my memory. I can remember my mom knocking on her bathroom door telling me to pack it in so she could go to bed! I studied photography too at the Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale...I thought I was going to be a pro photo journalist, but life happened along the way! I still have a strong connection to photography, and it remains one of my passions. I make photo/video slideshows for clients, and I really enjoy it! I may not take these photos, but I can bring them to life, and tell a story. I just aquired a Panasonic GH2 a few weeks ago, and I am in the process of learning to use it. I researched it for months...my current interests in photography are taking photos, but I have a real passion for video and video editing too...so, I thought this would be the perfect camera for me. I hope to learn a lot from this group....in fact, I already have...
  2. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi dagaleaa,

Thanks for stopping by... why don't you stay for awhile.

Nice place to visit, friendly people, lots of good photographers, and plenty of help with questions.

Look forward to seeing some of your work.

Cheers, Alan