1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hi, my names XXX and I have Micro43itis

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by moccaman, Aug 2, 2013.

1. moccaman

moccaman Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Australia
    Time to fess up, and proclaim to the world that you have a sickness! :biggrin::drinks:

How many bodies have you owned/currently own?

Have you bought multiples of multiples thinking you will need/use/damage/wear out/just like the look of them?

Are you unable to give up your GF1 regardless of the fact it sits in the cupboard, because its the iconic first and has such a nice feel?

Are you a lens hoarder?

Do you dream of the latest body because someone said it had 1.7% less noise at ISO12800 than your curent body?

Think of this thread as your release for :43: itis!

2. MarylandUSA

MarylandUSA Mu-43 Regular

Jul 3, 2013
    Poolesville, Maryland
    Paul Franklin Stregevsky
    I began 2 months ago, with one body and one lens. I don't want another body. And once I get a 50mm lens, my set of four will be complete.

I can say this with some confidence. Before entering M43, I stuck with a pair of 2004 bridge cameras that I'd bought in 2006 and 2007. Now that I have an EVF, compact size, and higher-than-400 ISO all in a single interchangeable-lens camera body, I'm content.

3. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    Two GF1 bodies here... , both in use and not in a cupboard! That's it :biggrin:

4. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
    Just one. There are only two things that would get me to buy another:
    (1) PDAF on sensor for my four-thirds glass (50-200mm SWD).
    (2) E-PM2 to drop below $200.

Nope.

Never had one...

Probably...currently my wishlist is down to 4.

Thankfully not!

Thanks!

5. RajC

RajC Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2013
    Nope

Fun idea for a thread though.
    I would suggest those on this board who answer "yes" to seek some help.

If it wasn't m4/3 it would be something else. Like cats.

6. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I'm only here for the free coffee and donuts ...

E-P1x2+E-M5

7. jomerads

jomerads Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    Moorestown, New Jersey
    John S.
    And the sporks. Don't forget the free sporks.:smile:

8. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    Hey!!! You got sports? Not fair.

9. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    Darned autocorrect. I meant sporks!!!!

10. moccaman

moccaman Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Australia
    I think there is a lot of denial in here :biggrin: Where are all the guys who proclaim to have 3 GX1's and a couple other bodies, an Oly here, 4 or 500 lenses there....hehe all goes quiet when doctor Phil walks in the room :wink:

11. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    A few months ago I had no m4/3 stuff, and an older Nikon DSLR that sat around adding further. Now I have 3 bodies and 2 lenses.

Okay, so a GF3 was first, with kit lens, and the 14mm was my first addition. But I bought it with a used GF3 body. Now I have a GX1, because it's just awesome. So at least one of the other bodies has to go.

12. FastCorner

FastCorner Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2011
    GF1 was the first. It does sit idle, but I'm thinking up ways to use it for simple video.
    G2 because of the built-in EVF and grip (for flash)
    Contemplating the GX7 because of the 1/8000 shutter, peaking, TouchPad AF, and 1/320 flash sync

See? These are completely rational reasons for multiple bodies. :)

13. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    I've got 4 bodies, G3, G5, GH3 and OM-D. I'm trying to sell the G3 and G5, (although pondering maybe keeping the G5 and selling the GH3 instead), I love the OM-D that is a definite keeper. The GH3 and OM-D came along at a good price and cashback deal for the GH-3 and free grip with the OM-D so I didn't want to miss out so just went for it before selling the other bodies.
    I've 6 native lenses that all get used regularly.

Paul

14. Haans

Haans Mu-43 Regular

Feb 18, 2012
    Guess I've got filmitis...
    Have 7 film cameras (mostly medium format), a M8 and OMD. Gave my wife my old EP2.

15. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    I've got LOADS!
    GF1 is my video camera ... although so is this new G3 ...

16. Alan_N

Alan_N Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2011
    Yorkshire UK
    Alan
    All the equipment listed in my sig, yes the GF1 is currently in an old smaller camera bag not getting any use, I have been meaning to look in to getting it converted for infra red looking at various options. I have no plans to get another body, but the GX7 does look nice! :biggrin:

I am an equipment junkie I still have my flim SLR's (3 bodies) 2 digital DSLR and various lenes that I have not used for a long while. a collection of roll film cameras including a few box brownies and other bellow cameras

equipment junkie and proud :th_salute:

17. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I've been using :43: since the Olympus E-P1 Digital Pen. I only skipped one model, the Panasonic G1, because it never clicked with me and I'm a fairly loyal Olympus user anyways. When the E-P1 came out however, that's when I saw the true potential of the system.

Carried on its own it now afforded me the ability to carry a compact camera which could actually meet my standards of quality and provide photos which I could actually use for something. Before that I was always told "the best camera is the one you have on you", but I quickly discovered that it really doesn't matter if the camera can be carried easily if you won't even use the photos.

Carried as a backup, it took literally negligible extra space in my bag and provided me with a second body which could use the same 4/3 glass that I was using on my DSLRs. The quality of the E-P1 was even better than that of the best pro-grade DSLR in the Olympus range at the time (which would be the E-3), so there was no loss no matter which body I used.

So I have been using the :43: system bodies since then, although I usually use adapted lenses. I bought the 4/3 system for its glass, and I buy the m4/3 system for its bodies - that's just the way it is for me. I love the tiny bodies, and that's what attracts me to the system. I have had about half a dozen :43: bodies since the first Digital Pen.

18. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    My bodies are fairly consistent. EM5 and G5. I started with G3 and tried the GX1 (I needs my EVF). The lenses, OTOH, are my problem. I've owned at least 15 natives, some more than once, 3 4/3's, and at least a dozen legacies. My name is Juan and I am a lensaholic..... I'm 4 days sober.:eek:

19. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    One body. That's it.

Oh wait... Well technically there are two m43 bodies in the house mine and my son's and if you really want to get technical I have another body on order with the UW housing. So technically I have three bodies and currently 8 lenses + three flashes (well really 5 if you count the mini ones). Hmmm maybe I do have a problem!

20. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    If we are going to count "in the house" then I'm also in trouble !!

E-M5, 2 x EPL-3's and G3, 4 kit lenses, P14, O45 and O40-150.