Hi Mu-43 forum! happy to have found you :) greetings from Boston!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by nursenicole, Feb 24, 2011.

1. nursenicole

nursenicole Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2011
    I actually posted over in the olympus E-PL1 photos thread earlier today, but a proper introduction would be more polite!

My name and occupation are probably pretty obvious :biggrin: I've been an RN for almost 7 years now, and I love my job. My other loves are travel, music, art and, of course, photography.

I've been into photography for as long as I can remember - my father used to teach photography years ago, and he and a friend of his used to spend hours at a nature reservation in NY waiting patiently in deer-blinds to get shots of various woodland creatures...so capturing moments is something I have always had a passion for, even as a little kid. (If I tried to recall every camera I've ever owned and loved/abused, I honestly don't think I could do it!)

I was using a Sony Cybershot (a birthday gift from dad) from early 2008 to early 2011...and just bought myself an Olympus E-PL1 a few weeks ago, along with the kit lens and the 40-150mm lens too. Would like to get a macro lens or adapter of some sort too.

Steep learning curve - major upgrade - very much looking forward to learning my way around this new camera! And VERY glad to have found this forum, and all of you.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Welcome Nicole! Wow, I think there are quite a number of us around the Boston area in this forum! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. nursenicole

Feb 24, 2011
    I moved here a little over a year ago from western CT. It's been fun and sometimes a little intimidating to learn my way around a whole new locale -- also a little intimidating to re-learn how to drive!

Lots of amazing places to take pictures up here - south shore, Cape Cod, Boston area, New Hampshire...even went to Canada a few times last year! So much beautiful landscape - beach, mountains, marshlands, bogs - maybe it's just that it's all new to me, but I'm really enjoying exploring the area :)
  4. Briar

Briar Mu-43 Regular

Jun 13, 2010
    Bonnie Scotland
    A few nurses too!! Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing more of your pictures.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Nicole, thanks so much for your thoughtful introduction and welcome! Ah, western CT...hmm, near Kent or Sharon? Boston is a great area, as well - tons of history, and one of my favorite museums - The Gardner Museum!:biggrin:

I'm very glad you've found your way here. There are many helpful threads about the E-PL1, but please don't hold back with any questions. I am looking forward to seeing more from you, Nicole. I really do like your swans and ducks photograph very much.:thumbup:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey welcome Nicole. It's great we found you. lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hi Nicole,

Welcome from "down the road" in Rehoboth, Ma!

Cheers, Alan Roseman
    • Like Like x 1
  8. nursenicole

Feb 24, 2011
    Sort of! Does the name Brookfield ring a bell? :smile: I spent most of my life in Brookfield, but have adventured all over that side of CT and into NY too.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, everyone! Glad to be a part of such a friendly community.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Welcome Nicole. I am also in Boston. As is the site founder -- Amin.
  10. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Welcome aboard Nicole. A ton of you Celtic/Red Sox/Patriot types in this forum ... the few of us left may have to circle our wagons.

11. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Absolutely rings a big bell, Nicole.:biggrin:
  12. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    You bet! We're becoming a new version of the "Big East Conference"....
  13. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Welcome, Nicole, from a fellow E-PL1 owner in Westfield NJ (even further south of you)! Took a look at your photos on the E-PL1 thread---really great shots, specially of the water fowl family---amazing lighting and color. Look forward to seeing more.
  14. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Here's another hello from Australia. You are very welcome Nicole.
  15. akulya

akulya Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    Hello and Welcome from the UK
  16. Stephen Geis

Stephen Geis Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Welcome aboard Nicole - looking forward to seeing your photographic POV
  17. nursenicole

Feb 24, 2011

i have recently grown to love watching the Celtics (only been up here a year or so), but that's about all i can handle for sports - plus, while I mostly grew up in CT...I'm a New Yorker 100% - so no worries :wink:

thanks to everyone for the lovely compliments and warm welcome. got some cool shots of gulls on the beach yesterday so i'll post a few soon!