Hi... joining from Denmark.

Henrik K Kristensen

Mu-43 Rookie
Hi all.

I live in Odense, Denmark.

Happy to be a member of the m4/3 user base and now of this great site.

I just got the Olympus E-PL1 with the kit lens, an Olympus FL-36R and I also have an Olympus Zuiko OM 100mm f/2.8 which I love playing around with.

One of my first experiences with a manual lens:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I have a lot to learn in regards to this manual world, but I think I will become addicted to using old manual lenses... it is SO much fun :biggrin:

Christilou

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Welcome

Welcome Henrik. Thanks for posting such a lovely first picture here. This little girl looks like a real sweetheart :smile: I hope you will continue to have fun here and look forward seeing your photos.

thearne3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Welcome Henrik,

The Hexanons have to be the best value manual lenses out there. I have the 200, 135, 57 and 40. The Oly 100mm is amazingly compact too. I gave mine to my sister years ago when I went digital - she won't give it back! You'll find a very supportive community here. Love your first shot - the look of wonder is precious!

Henrik K Kristensen

Mu-43 Rookie
Hi Tom.

Thank you.

I am thinking about buying the Hexanon 24 f/2.8, 50 f/1.7 and perhaps a 135 f/3.2 if I fall in love with the 40mm f/1.8... seems like great lenses from what I can read and the pictures I see.

silverbullet

Mu-43 Veteran
Henrik,

what a wonderful photograph. You hit the focus right on the eyes, perfect!
There is so much impact in your shot, great!

Henrik K Kristensen

Mu-43 Rookie
Henrik,

what a wonderful photograph. You hit the focus right on the eyes, perfect!
There is so much impact in your shot, great!
Thank you very much.

This is one thing I find new when using a manual focus lens. I tend to place focus much more... shall we say "creative" instead of just relying on the center AF point of a camera. I love the way that using a manual focus lens makes me take my time and think and enjoy taking a picture more. With AF it's more just click - click - click :rofl:

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
the manual lenses on my ep1 are my first choice , when i first got my ep1 last june i had no idea that i would learn to love manual focus, and that it would become my preferred mode of focus on the ep2 and gf1.

welcome to the forum and enjoy that fine camera , [i want one ]

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom