Hi, I'm Omega, and I'm pleased to be here.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Omega, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Omega

Omega Mu-43 Regular

Oct 3, 2012
    Hello, I'm new to MFT in general (although I've done a ton of research about it), and will be purchasing my first camera (as far as MFT goes) sometime around Christmas, in hopes prices will go down.

My obsession with photography has lasted as long as I can remember. I have never had a camera up until 6 months ago, where I purchased one for a project at school. I used a Canon T3--Nothing spectacular, but I was hoping I could upgrade in the future to a 60D.

As I had the camera for only two weeks, I took a ton of photos, managed to get a shot in the yearbook, and another on a wall of some other fellow. I had to return the lenses and camera I bought because I needed the money to help my family out.

I've been itching for a camera since I left the front door of that BestBuy. I then poked around, and now, with the Olympus OMD out, I'm saving up towards that.

I am best described as a 'jack of all trades, master of none' type of person. I especially love discovering how things work, how to improve upon them, etc. This probably started when I was a baby and would smash the TV remote to open it up and find out what was going on in it, among other things much to the chagrin of my parents. I'd rather discover than play outside. This probably explains my obsession with Legos. As well as vehicles--whether airborne, land, or sea.

I'm very shy, and I don't like to say much. I like to think a lot, and work on a lot of things at once.

I don't have an "official" profession at time of writing.

I'm horrid at introductions--Questions are welcome.

TL;DR I'm an introverted, shy person that likes to create, whether it be on a canvas, on a print, with a camera, or with my tablet. I'm also a huge car junkie. AMA
    • Like Like x 4
  2. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Hi Omega. Nice introduction you wrote up there. Welcome to the group. Where are you from?
  3. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Welcome aboard Omega. The OM-D is a very nice camera. Every now and then an OM-D will good up for sale here on the forum. Keeping your eyes on the 'Marketplace' can save you some bucks on the OM-D.

4. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Welcome Omega.
    This is a great place to learn a lot about mft.
    Gary's sugestion about the marketplace is a good one.
    You might also want to consider one of the earlier model pens.
    I love mine.
  5. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Omega...welcome to this wonderful forum ...soon u will become Jack of all trades and MASTER OF SOME ..hahhha:rofl:. Good luck with ur savings for the camera.
  6. wildwildwes

wildwildwes Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
  7. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Welcome to the forum!
  8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the forum! Here, you can let your photos speak for you. Look forward to seeing some. While you wait for a new :43: camera feel free to post some from your Canon days, there's a subforum for doing just that. :biggrin:
  9. incabloc

incabloc Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Welcome aboard Omega

Stay & have some fun :2thumbs:
  10. Omega

Omega Mu-43 Regular

Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks Gary, I've been considering going used, but I'm not sure how a warranty would play out if something was to come bad from it. That's the only reason why I want to buy new.

I'm from somewhere in the South West, US.

I'm still considering an EP-2 or 3, but I like to have that tactile feel of a viewfinder. I could add one on, sure, but I'd rather have it integrated.

Haha, thanks.

Sure will!

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!
  11. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    I'm in LA and if you want to try out an OM-D or EP3 just pm me. If warranty is an issue, then maybe a factory re-furb is an answer. Checked out and serviced by the factory with a warranty. (I think 30 days.)

12. Omega

Omega Mu-43 Regular

Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks, but that's too far of a drive. Even then, I'd probably not want to let it go, like a flea to a dog.

Where else could one obtain a OMD sans Olympus themselves? Cameta ran out, Amazon and Adorama don't have them at all, and google didn't pull many results. :c
  13. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum, Omega!

I would guess that an order at Amazon, B&H or Adorama would be filled in the relatively near future. Seems like you see "in stock" popping up more frequently these days.
  14. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011