Hi, I'm new.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by 1984, May 23, 2013.

1. 1984

1984 Mu-43 Rookie

May 23, 2013
    Hi, I'm new here and to micro four thirds gear. I haven't purchased a camera yet, but I've been a DSLR user for several years. I recently sold off all of my Sony gear in preparation to switching to a lighter system.

I am really interested in the OM-D - IBIS, EVF, and the style of the camera are all major points for me. I did check out the Sony NEX, but lack of IBIS, the left sided EVF on the higher end models, and the more modern design are pretty much deal-breakers for me.

I do have a question, though. I have a very clean copy of an Oreston 50 1.8 Meyer-Optik Gorlitz lens that I would love to be able to use with whatever new camera I purchase. Is there a recommended available adapter that would allow me to do so? Adapters are one area that I am very unfamiliar with, as I have never used an adapted lens. I also have an impeccably clean copy of a 28 2.8 lens that I would also like to adapt (same mount).

I look forward to participating more here, especially once I have purchased my new camera.

2. ranxoren

ranxoren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    Toronto, ON
    OT
  3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    I haven't said "Welcome 1984" since December 31, 1983.

:biggrin:

But I say it now - welcome to the forum!

Regards,

Jim

4. audiodrive

audiodrive Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Prairies
    jef
    Welcome to the forum 1984!

Being also new to m4/3, the forum is very useful in gaining knowledge about m4/3 system.

Enjoy!

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome aboard! :smile:

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I don't recall having ever said anything so lame in the past, so this will be the first time for me. ;)

Welcome, 1984!

7. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Well I can't take too much credit at being first, I'm sure George Orwell said it when the first royalty check rolled in...

:biggrin:

Regards,

Jim

8. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    E-M5 is a great choice, I have one -- though if Panasonic comes up with a credible IBIS model I might jump. I like the Panasonics better for some reason. I have a G5 and a GX1 and a little LX7 from Panasonic.

Welcome and good luck with your choice! There are a number of great cameras out there to choose from in micro four thirds, depending on exactly what you need.

9. 1984

1984 Mu-43 Rookie

May 23, 2013
    Thanks for the welcomes! And for the links!

George Orwell is one of my favorite authors, thus the username. :biggrin:

I really like the E-P5 and if I did not need a camera so soon, it would definitely be on my list. The Panasonics are nice, too, but I really like the retro style, especially since the retro look matches my Fujica half-frame camera.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.