1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hi, Hello from Vietnam

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by tad, Feb 6, 2010.

1. tad

tad New to Mu-43

Hi, I live in Hochiminh City (Saigon formerly). I am an Nikonian for about few years.
    I first decided to get a GF1 + 20mm F1.7 thanks to its small size. But, now i almost forgot my Nikon D300 and always kept this GF1 with me whenever i went out.

I also just bought a Lumix 14-45 last week.

I found lonely here, where i did not find any friend who is using this MFT. And luckily we found this site, thanks all.

• Like Like x 3
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

tad, welcome to the site and discussion forum! How did you find your way here, if I might ask? MU-43.com is a very special place and I think you'll find yourself feeling at home very quickly.:smile:

I like that first photo you just uploaded on the 20mm thread. It's a great "shorthand" image of the old and the new of your city. Looking forward to seeing more. Be sure to check out the "Housekeeping" forum regarding the gallery system here.

Again, welcome.:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    tad,
    Welcome aboard.
    I was in Saigon for a spell in 1970. I'm sure the place has changed since then.
    I am supposed to go back sometime this summer for a recovery out side of Chu Lai but only if the funds come through. If they do, maybe we can hook up. I'd probably be In Country about 4-6 weeks...
    Shooter

4. tad

tad New to Mu-43

@BBW: thank you for your warm welcome !
    @Streetshooter:Yes, place has changed since the time you came here. I'm surprising that you have been in Vietnam and will be available here if you could come.
    @all: sorry for my poor English.

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Your English is wonderful - don't give it a second thought. Looking forward to seeing you and your photos around the board.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    tad...your English is fine for us USA folks,,,there are those amongst us that have a different view of the way we use the language....he he he

Anyway, I was there in the Army.
    So how ya liking the camera. There's a thread about the D300 last shots. I sold mine in June of 08. I don't miss it, yet is was a great camera but not the kind you miss...
    Don

• Like Like x 1
  7. tad

tad New to Mu-43

Streetshooter, i supposed you were Army when you first mentioned Chu Lai! That was the place most Army preferred to be back after a long time. The war was finished here, a lot Army wish to visit the place they were during the war, things changed...

I still kept my D300 with several Nikkor and looked around for the adapter to stick with MFT. I will receive a Fotodiox adapter next week. Hope it will be compatible with my nikon lens.
    My thanks.

8. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi tad, welcome home! you should never feel lonely again :grouphug:

I'll look forward to seeing your work with the GF1.

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  9. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome tad!

11. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    tad,
    I was in Chu Lai for a while worked out of a Fire Base called LZ Liz.
    Been to Phu Bai, Dong Ha, Dak To, Danang, Hue (shudders)...and did a 4 month tour at Tan My....
    If I can get the funds together, there's a report of a sighting of remains around Hue.
    I would go with an expeditionary group as a shooter....and a Rep of FOTF.

I don't think the funds will come thru....
    If I get there, you and me gonna meet...and make some images to remember...

How is your D300 with the moisture? I had a few issues in Florida and the sensor kept getting this kinda fog on it...I just kept cleaning it but never figured out what caused it...
    never had that with any other digicam...

post some photos in a gallery, we are all waiting...
    Shooter

12. klythawk

klythawk Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Nottingham U.K.
    John
    Welcome aboard tad. Everyone is so friendly and helpful here, i'm sure you'll love mu-43.com. :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  13. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Welcome Tad

This is a great place with lot's of advice and friendly people

14. tad

tad New to Mu-43

Thanks for all. You are all so friendly.