1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi guys

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by oceans, Jul 28, 2010.

1. oceans

oceans Mu-43 Regular

Jul 28, 2010
    Greetings from Sweden,

I bought my first mFT camera last week, a GF1 with the 20/1.7, and today sold off the LX3 I had been using until now and which had replaced a GRD. So, this is my third digital camera. Before digital I used a semi-manual Minolta, which I still have together with an MD Rokkor-X 50/1.4 for which I've now ordered an mFT adapter.
    Evidently I'm already a fan of the GF1, and it would seem I'm quickly digging my own fox hole in mFT-land, having also ordered the 14-45 and only yesterday a Novoflex adapter and a Leica Telyt-R 400/6.8, or more fittingly 'sniped', going by the looks of this now effectively 800mm bazooka.

Next, I plan to sit back and see what I'm missing out with a possible GF2. No actually, time to pack a small bag and go shootin'.

Later,
    Thomas

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Hi Thomas

I bought my GF1 in December, like you with the 20mm. I have since added the 14-45, and a Canon FD50mm 1.4.

I also added the external viewfinder.

I really enjoy the camera, and hope you do too. It makes photography fun. I look forward to seeing your photographs.

Stephen

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Thomas - a good move.

4. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Thomas, welcome and thank you for your introduction - now let's see some of the fruits of that new camera and those lenses!:drinks:

6. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello and welcome Thomas - you sent me off looking for news of this GF2 you mentioned... :rofl:

Enjoy your new camera, and please post some images soon!

Cheers

Brian

7. oceans

oceans Mu-43 Regular

Jul 28, 2010
    Many thanks for the welcome!

The Minolta-mFT adapter arrived today, so I'm getting familiarized with the non-native lense MF procedure which is straightforward enough. Encouraging since I have the expensive Novoflex Leica-R-mFT adapter in the mail, hopefully arriving tomorrow.

This weekend I also had the good fortune to pick up two Leica-R, 50/1.4 and 60/2.8 at a nice price. They had been used by a pro film maker/photog/designer on a 5DmkII, who had now decided to "get riddofem", but I was surely told to enjoy these. I plan to :)

8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

A belated welcome, oceans and I'll certainly be expecting to see some great photos coming this way from all those lenses.:2thumbs:

9. oceans

oceans Mu-43 Regular

Jul 28, 2010
    Cheers, BBW

Anyone else noticing strange things with their money jar after buying a GF1? I just got some emails saying that I can expect a 45-200 in the mail. And a macro ring.

Panny 20; 14-45; 45-200; Leica 50/1.4; 60/2.8 macro; 400/6.8; Rokkor-X 50/1.4.

Whoopsie daisy, last week I only had the latter... Not planning to keep everything though; shoot-outs to follow. Even the revered Elmarit-R 60, being close enough to 50 will have to prove its macro virtues. Not that I've ever done a lot of macro, but I've wanted to try this lens anyway.

And if the Leica adapter arrives tomorrow, the Rokkor is probably right out of the bag. Again, poor thing, two days out of the closet since '05. It appears timidly low on contrast; results I don't expect from the Summilux, which I actually hope won't punch away too hard on the GF1's latitude.