1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from Zlin!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by L_B, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Hello everyone!

I've just registered and want to introduce myself a bit. First of all please excuse my English - it's not my mother tongue! :rolleyes:

I am 21yo administration and regional development student (and also "starting" entrepreneur in field of commerce) from the Czech Republic and last year or so I became quite seriously insterested in photography. It all started by purchase of the Panasonic LX3 in 2009 - which I still use in situations I don't want to take my main kit (while skiing etc.).

With LX3 I started to think more about photography and I lasted for a better camera... But I didn't want to buy a dSLR! The main reason was bulkiness because I was coming from the P&S world and was used to smaller form factor... That's why :43: caught my eye! And I felt in love with black Olympus E-P2 - it had everything I wanted: better IQ than P&S, reasonable size&weight, EVF, great controls and retro looks! You may ask why I didn't pick the GF1, which would be logical upgrade from the LX3. Well, advantages of the E-P2 for me were: more apealing out-of-camera JPEGs, in body image stabilisation, retro looks and better EVF.

As of today my :43: kit consists of:
    Olympus PEN E-P2 w/ Aki-Asahi leather skin & Gordy's Wrist Strap
    Olympus M. Zuiko lenses:
    - 17mm/2.8
    - 9-18mm/4.0-5.6
    - 14-42mm/3.5-5.6
    - 14-150mm/4.0-5.6
    Panasonic Lumix G 20mm/1.7
    Cosina-Voigtländer Nokton 25mm/0.95
    SLR Magic 35mm/1.7

I consider myself being just a hobbyist, I love to streetshoot, take pictures of architecture, some macro and some portraits. But most of my pictures stay at my HDD because I am, well, little bit shy to show them to the world... :redface: And also because of school and work I don't have enough time to finish post processing of my shots (I am very happy when I find free time to go out and shoot).

So that's me and I am happy to become part of this wonderful community.

Lukas Bernatek

P.S. I have been visiting this forum many times every day since I've bought E-P2 and today I felt like it's time to join...

• Like Like x 7
  2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Welcome Lukas, no need to apologise for your English, just one little slip, I assume you "lusted" for a better camera, but then every word would have been wrong if I'd had to write in Czech, well actually I wouldn't have been able to even start.

You certainly seem to be well set up with :43: kit, so time to overcome that shyness, pick a rainy day, post process some images and let us see them.

Barrie

• Like Like x 3
  3. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Jane
    Welcome to the forum, Lukas. You've collected a nice kit there! Looking forward to seeing your photos.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Thank you, Jane and Barrie, for kind words!

Yes, I LUSTED for better camera, thanks for correcting me there, Barrie - we all learn by mistakes. :redface:

So, you two have encouraged me to post some pictures, but be warned, I am no skilled photographer! :wink: My question is, should I post them here, in this thread, or somewhere else?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hello luka,

Welcome aboard!

Try to post your photos in the appropriate locations. You'll find threads covering nearly every topic, from nature, to scenic, portraiture and a thread for every lens in the µ43 family, as well as nearly any / every lens that can be adapted.

Looking forward to your progress as a photographer.

If you haven't already please stop by and contribute here...

https://www.mu-43.com/f69/other-side-lens-challenge-8993/

Cheers, From New England

• Like Like x 2
  6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Lukas, welcome! As for where to post your photos - you can use one of the existing image threads found in the Photography forum, or begin a new one in the appropriate forum within. We also have a thread in the Olympus forum that was started to encourage folks with the E-PL2 to add their photographs, as well. Take your pick and please make yourself at home!

It sounds to me as though you have made some great choices in both camera and lenses.:2thumbs:

P.S. Be sure to check the Site Information forum for how to's and FAQs.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thank you for welcoming me here, Alan and BB,
    I have just posted some pics to my flickr profile, and also contributed to "The Other Side of The Lens."
    I am very happy with my kit, it is a real joy to use. The only thing I don't like about it is the fear of losing the VF-2...
    I will soon add some of my shots to the Photography section - but as I've written before, I am just a hobbyist, so be warned! :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Lukas, and Hello from Scotland. Thats a fine selection of equipment you've got there. My son lived in Prague for a year and loved it! Nice that you've chosen to join this forum :smile: Maybe you'll show us some photos?

All the best,

Colin

• Like Like x 1
  9. camera3d

camera3d New to Mu-43

Jan 25, 2011
    camera3d
    Hi Lukas - Very nice flickr photos,
    I have been to Prague - The most romantic city to walk through
    Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hello guys!

Many things have happened during last month! Some of them I find worth sharing, so here we go:

1)Tour de Chine! OH MAN! I felt in love with this country! The scenery, sights, people, food... Everything is just wonderful! I have PP'd and published some of my shots which I found "representative". Other pictures (around 30GB) stay at my HDD for now. The lack of nice weather (read="everything was grey and flat") and the fact this was mainly family/tourist trip caused many shots to be just point and shoots. Maybe, after some time I will PP more of them and share them. The E-P2 (with EVF & 20mm/1.7) was really a great companion. But!

2) *drumroll* My photographic/gadget dream came true. I am now proud owner of Leica M9 with Summicron 35/2 ASPH, Voigtländer Nokton 40/1.4 and 50/1.1! I am still waiting for Voigtländer Leica M to m4/3 adaptor to arrive so I can use these lovely lenses on my E-P2 as well. My first impressions are just amazing. But...

3) My lack of time has become even more serious. Last week, I have started reconstruction of my house (my parents gave me for Christmas an old house which needs massive reconstruction). So for next 8-9 months I have lots of important things to take care of. And again the school (I am just about to start writing my bachelor thesis) and work are taking big part of my time (this week I was not even able to find time to be with my girlfriend till friday).

I would really love to take bigger part in this lovely community but the time is not my friend these days. Thanks again to everyone who have welcomed me here! I wish you all the best - good light, full batteries, great mood, lots of inspiration and time to go out and shoot as well as edit your pictures!

P.S. Sorry to bump this unimportant thread I just wanted to say Hi and share what some may find interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  11. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on the trip, camera and housing front, Lukas! I have just clicked on your Flickr link and am going to mark it so I can come back to it to enjoy when I have more time.:2thumbs:

Stay in touch as you can and good luck on that reconstruction project!:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  12. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Hello fellow countryman. I'm sure people here would appreciate some street pictures from Zlin... after-all it's quite photogenic city :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hello L B,

Welcome to the board, as John suggests, some photos of Zlin would be great.

A few of the house would be okay with me as well....

Cheers, from New England. Alan

• Like Like x 1