Hi from Zebra

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by zebra, Mar 11, 2014.

1. zebra

zebra Mu-43 Regular

Mar 11, 2014
    Hi Everybody.

I come from Russia, and photography is my hobby. I don't earn money with it, though they paid me once for a photo to use it in a TV serial, and I hoped they would use it as it is but they made of it something unrecognizable, you can see it here:

I prefer living in the country, in a small village not far form the river, I built a log cabin where I like to work and to photograph, here is my room:

It's in this house I took a picture of my daughter which went to many expositions locally:

That's what one can see from the roof of my barn:

I go to town only to earn for living and don't like to stay there for a long time.

Environmental portraiture and staged portraits are what I prefer in photography and usually shoot. I like to shoot beautiful women, and who doesn't?

As you see I prefer introducing elements of nudity in women's portraits.

For three months I've been shooting mainly with the OM-D E-M1 using 12-40/2.8, 25/1.4, 45/1.8 and 75/1.8. That's why I join this Club of the M43 lovers.

But neither I discard my Nikon D800 with some good and bulky lenses, and am going to shoot with that magnificent FF camera too.

And, that's it.
    • Like Like x 7
  2. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Great shots but you (or an admin) might want to add NSFW (not safe for work) as many employers frown at excessive flesh.
  3. zebra

zebra Mu-43 Regular

Mar 11, 2014
    Where am I supposed to add NSFW?
  4. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Generally the title, e.g. "Hi from Zebra (NSFW portraits)" or something.
  5. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Forum rules state: No nudity.
  6. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    Hi Zebra, thanks for sharing - very nice use of light in your portraits.

Hope you will continue to post here, but since nudity is not allowed do you also post on Flickr/500px/etc so people can see all of your work?
  7. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I'm always fully dressed when I browse these forums.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. rparmar

rparmar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Limerick, Ireland
    I've always wondered at this NSFW thing. What it says is that employers don't mind you wasting their time browsing forums, just so long as you are not upsetting their own sense of morals while you do so. I am not sure I have ever had an employer like that. But then again I've never lived in the USA.
  9. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    I changed the pictures with nudity to links.

I realize some are on the line, but the two pictures posted were obvious cases of nudity.
    • Like Like x 1