Hi from wintery Hertfordshire

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Vincen77o, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Vincen77o

Vincen77o Mu-43 Regular

Nov 3, 2012
    St. Albans, Herts
    Hi from Pete near St. Albans. I'm presently using a Lumix G3, changed up from a G10. I found this site whilst searching for info on a recently purchased but yet to be delivered Canon FD 50mm 1.4 plus cheap adapter.
    Until recently I also used a Canon 5Dii with lots of expensive glass, but a bad experience whilst touring the US National Parks in January forced their sale. Canon have since prostrated themselves before me, but to no avail.
    I have the usual kit lens although most of my home shots are done with the highly adaptable 14-140 (I had the 45-200, but too unweildy). My wandering lens though is the 20mm pancake, I can stuff the camera in a pocket with this on. Having lumbered around the Alps with my Canon stuff a couple of years ago, the lightweight micro 4/3 is a revelation.
    For a bit of fun I bought a Holga 25mm f/8 !! this year and now I've forked out £30 for the Canon 50mm. I've gone from being a serious amateur to a snapper with humour. I'll try and be active here and add useful contributions when I can.
    Good Luck to all, Pete.
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the forum Pete!
  3. North20

North20 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 18, 2012
    East of the Cascades, PNW
    Nice intro, and welcome to the forums!

Looking forward to those images :smile: