Hi from the UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by JohnN, Aug 10, 2014.

1. JohnN

JohnN Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2014
    Hi all,

I'm new to four thirds, but not to photography - I've had a DSLR for a few years now but am far from a pro.
    Like many others I wanted something lighter so sold an lens I didn't use much and bought a mirrorless to try it out and so far as long as I remember that I'm not going to get birds in flight its beating my expectations.
    After much reading and thinking what I wanted I eventually plumped for the Olympus O-MD M10 but plainly have a great deal to learn - hence why I'm here :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Welcome. I'm opening bets now as to how long the DSLR stays in your bag! The E-M10's a great camera. Stick it in a small bag with a few nice primes and you'll never take the DSLR out again!
  3. Darren Bonner

Darren Bonner Mu-43 All-Pro

May 1, 2013
    Poole UK
    Hi John,

Welcome to the forum and the world of M43.
  4. JohnN

JohnN Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2014
    Cheers guys, glad to be here.

I think the SLR'll be around for a bit - the Canon 5D3's pretty hard to live up to :wink: - that said I was out today and found just pulling a camera from my pocket that can produce very decent shots (from a kit lens!) is great and on top of that I did a few puddle refection shots that I'd never even tried with the SLR - not that it couldn't, I just found myself thinking a little differently for some reason.

Very odd...

lol, the only down side is a fatish balding middle age bloke doesn't quite fit the look of this camera - much more suited to a male model :)
  5. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    Welcome ... it is always nice to have more UK members ... and whats wrong with the 'middle aged' ?:smile:
  6. Bl0at3r

Bl0at3r Mu-43 Regular

May 21, 2012
    Essex, UK
    Hey John - you found it over here then :)
  7. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Let's hear it for fat, balding, middle aged members - especially those with comedy beards. :thumbup:

Enough about me though - welcome.
    • Like Like x 1