Hi from the UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by JohnN, Aug 10, 2014.

1. JohnN

JohnN Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2014
    Hi all,

I'm new to four thirds, but not to photography - I've had a DSLR for a few years now but am far from a pro.
    Like many others I wanted something lighter so sold an lens I didn't use much and bought a mirrorless to try it out and so far as long as I remember that I'm not going to get birds in flight its beating my expectations.
    After much reading and thinking what I wanted I eventually plumped for the Olympus O-MD M10 but plainly have a great deal to learn - hence why I'm here :) 

John

• Like Like x 1
  2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Welcome. I'm opening bets now as to how long the DSLR stays in your bag! The E-M10's a great camera. Stick it in a small bag with a few nice primes and you'll never take the DSLR out again!

3. Darren Bonner

Darren Bonner Mu-43 All-Pro

May 1, 2013
    Poole UK
    Hi John,

Welcome to the forum and the world of M43.

4. JohnN

JohnN Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2014
    Cheers guys, glad to be here.

I think the SLR'll be around for a bit - the Canon 5D3's pretty hard to live up to :wink: - that said I was out today and found just pulling a camera from my pocket that can produce very decent shots (from a kit lens!) is great and on top of that I did a few puddle refection shots that I'd never even tried with the SLR - not that it couldn't, I just found myself thinking a little differently for some reason.

Very odd...

lol, the only down side is a fatish balding middle age bloke doesn't quite fit the look of this camera - much more suited to a male model :) 

5. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    Geoff
    Welcome ... it is always nice to have more UK members ... and whats wrong with the 'middle aged' ?:smile:

6. Bl0at3r

Bl0at3r Mu-43 Regular

May 21, 2012
    Essex, UK
    Alan
    Hey John - you found it over here then :) 

7. Itchybiscuit

Itchybiscuit Photon Mangler

Dec 10, 2013
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ivor
    Let's hear it for fat, balding, middle aged members - especially those with comedy beards. :thumbup:

Enough about me though - welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.