Hi from the UK.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by laidbackman, Jan 21, 2012.

1. laidbackman

laidbackman New to Mu-43

Hi, I am another tog discovering the benefits of not lugging around a heavy dslr and associated lenses, I have had a GF1 since soon after they first appeared but did not use it much. I am into infra red photography and decided to fully convert a G1 after reading favourable reports on their suitability so I decided to have a play with it before sending it off to be converted and liked it so much better than the GF1 I decided to buy a G3.

I have the Panasonic 14mm, 20mm, 14-45, and 45-200, I am currently deciding which lenses to upgrade to, possibly the next one will be the Olympus 45mm

Looking forward to picking up a few tips from the members here.:smile:

Mal.

2. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Welcome, Mal! That'd be a good choice. Show us some pix when you get it :biggrin:

3. PickleB

PickleB Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2012
    UK - J6 on the M25
    Hello Mal ... it's always good to see another Brit on the forum. Give it time and we'll have to arrange a meet at a location of interest.

I'm just south of London ... whereabouts are you?

BobG

4. PickleB

PickleB Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2012
    UK - J6 on the M25
    And ...

... I thought I recognised that avatar! I now believe that you're in Northumbria and so it would have to be a North of England meet. :smile:

5. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    Hi Laidbackman,

and PickleB, Seem like a few people are jumping to M4/3.
    You still using the D90 as well Bob...

Enjoy and let me know if you are going to do a Kent meet up.

6. laidbackman

laidbackman New to Mu-43

You sussed me Alan:smile: I am only Galaxy66 on TP and Photobucket, Laidbackman on everything else........well that is everything else that I personally have signed up to under that name as sometimes that name has been taken.

7. laidbackman

laidbackman New to Mu-43

Hi Nigel, Hi Bob....see you on TP as usual Bob:biggrin: