1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hi from the UK.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by laidbackman, Jan 21, 2012.

1. laidbackman

laidbackman New to Mu-43

Hi, I am another tog discovering the benefits of not lugging around a heavy dslr and associated lenses, I have had a GF1 since soon after they first appeared but did not use it much. I am into infra red photography and decided to fully convert a G1 after reading favourable reports on their suitability so I decided to have a play with it before sending it off to be converted and liked it so much better than the GF1 I decided to buy a G3.

I have the Panasonic 14mm, 20mm, 14-45, and 45-200, I am currently deciding which lenses to upgrade to, possibly the next one will be the Olympus 45mm

Looking forward to picking up a few tips from the members here.:smile:

Mal.

2. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Welcome, Mal! That'd be a good choice. Show us some pix when you get it :biggrin:

3. PickleB

PickleB Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2012
    UK - J6 on the M25
    Hello Mal ... it's always good to see another Brit on the forum. Give it time and we'll have to arrange a meet at a location of interest.

I'm just south of London ... whereabouts are you?

BobG

4. PickleB

PickleB Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2012
    UK - J6 on the M25
    And ...

... I thought I recognised that avatar! I now believe that you're in Northumbria and so it would have to be a North of England meet. :smile:

5. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    Hi Laidbackman,

and PickleB, Seem like a few people are jumping to M4/3.
    You still using the D90 as well Bob...

Enjoy and let me know if you are going to do a Kent meet up.

6. laidbackman

laidbackman New to Mu-43

You sussed me Alan:smile: I am only Galaxy66 on TP and Photobucket, Laidbackman on everything else........well that is everything else that I personally have signed up to under that name as sometimes that name has been taken.

7. laidbackman

laidbackman New to Mu-43

Hi Nigel, Hi Bob....see you on TP as usual Bob:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.