Hi from the SouthShore

noelh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Bayview Township, SouthShore of Lake Superior
Have been taking photos for the past ~5 decades. Life started out with a Kodak Brownie in primary school. Advanced to a '60s vintage no name Japanese rangefinder eventually to a 35mm SLR. 1st digital camera was a Nikon 5700. The Nikon was a good introduction to the future world of photography. Exposure to environmental conditions resulted in it "breaking". Seemed to be relatively battery energy inefficient. Long time to write RAW or TIFF images. Preferred the 35mm slide images over the digital Nikon images. Factor in the short camera life span and the chunk of change that now just sits on a shelf with the collection of dead or ancient cameras the decision was made to more or less put a hold the higher end digital camera concept. Reverted to inexpensive, easy to pocket (and easy on the pocket book) lower end digital cameras (Oly C-60, Lumix LX-2). Have been watching and lusting for a digital SLR for a few years. Overall liked the LX-2. Limited but functional. Started liking the compact size. '09(?) the GF-1 unveiled. On the short list. Find out this year Panasonic is replacing it with the GF-2. Enough of a push to move into the mu4/3 format. New adventure. Hopefully a never ending journey.

noelh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Bayview Township, SouthShore of Lake Superior
GF-1

GF-1. Have been taking some test images for ~1week just to get the feel of the camera. 1st choice was the 20mm kit. No go. Also, could not find a body from a USA authorized dealer with usa warranty. Ended up with the 14-45mm kit. Nice lens. Bit slow. Procrastination for the past year will end up depleting the funds. The original plan was play with the 20mm until comfortable with the camera. Then eventually purchase a wide angle or wide angle zoom (7-14mm) and a tele-zoom. Right now in a bit of a situation trying to decide on the 14-140mm or 45-200mm. With what I suspect will be a number of new mu43 lens coming out within the next couple years. I'm trying to tell myself be patient. Just live & adapt with the 14-45mm. Sometime limitations bring out better images.

Latest threads

Top Bottom