1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hi from the Essex-Suffolk Border (UK)

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Petrochemist, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Mike
    Hi everyone!
    I've been a dabbler in photography for years, mainly with Pentax SLR/DSLR cameras, but also collecting a large format system to play with tilt/shift & weird lenses.
    I've recently realised that ยต4/3 gives me the options I wanted from tilt without the hassle of the 5*4, so have grabbed a second hand Panny G1, along with a tilt adapter for my Pentax lenses. Not only that but it's flexibility means I can fit c-mount lenses - so I also ordered a 25mm f1.4 giving me a fast standard lens for the first time since I went digital.
    Typically the camera I got was body only, whilst the adapters took an extra week so I've been frustrated in my efforts to try out the new toy, now they've arrived & I just need a bit of light....
    First tries round the house this evening are promising, but nothing worth sharing.

2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Petrochemist, welcome to the forum!

I've never used a 'tilt' lens (although a wee drop o' scotch sometimes makes it feel like I have :biggrin:) so am looking forward to seeing some photos.

Regards,

Jim

3. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Mike
    Thanks Jim,
    I doubt I'll every try a proper tilt lens, I got my G1 and the adapter for less than a fifth the cost of one :)
    I've put one in the gallery, now. It may take me a while to get anything else to show, but I might be lucky tomorrow.

Mike

PS. I find the trouble with scotch is the swirling Bokeh gives me a headache, especially if I tilt with it. Somehow clear spirits don't seem to effect me so much.

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Nice shot! I like the depth of field.

Regards,

Jim