1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from Sydney :)

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by MissNov, Jan 27, 2012.

1. MissNov

MissNov New to Mu-43

Jan 10, 2012
    Sydney
    Hello everyone, just thought to drop a note to thank everyone for sharing experience and providing such valuable information.

I've recently upgraded from a P&S, now have a GX1 (for about a month). Decided to upgrade given how frustrated I was with the speed and low light capability of the P&S.

Even though it's only been a month, I've learnt a lot from you guys by just reading and searching this forum.

Thanks heaps!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Welcome to the Forum from Boise, Idaho

3. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010

Welcome from Scotland, Sydney is a great place :thumbup:

4. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hello Miss Nov
    Welcome and congrats for ur new GX1. Its a nice place to hangout and get advice . My role is to lure people to buy olympus 45 mm 1.8 lens LOL. If u love portrait photography then the lens is must , even for street photography u will love it . Please post ur pics here so that we can see them. I am thinking we should have one Aussie MFT group here ..
    Cheers
    Bhupinder
    have look at this thread.

https://www.mu-43.com/f57/caution-if-you-see-thread-u-might-poorer-usd399-soon-19671/

5. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Welcome. I visited Sidney for a couple of days, too long ago, and really enjoyed it. Need to get back there soon.

I'm sure you've got better, but here are a few shots from my time there:

Sydney0023.

Sydney0015.

Sydney0012-2.

Sydney0012.

6. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    welcome to he forum. May be we should have a Sydney get together.

7. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Welcome.

Gordon

8. MissNov

MissNov New to Mu-43

Jan 10, 2012
    Sydney
    Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Well, you have done a good job then. I've been reading your contributions re this lens already. Guess what? I've just ordered this lens from a local camera shop yesterday! ? I'll be traveling soon, will claim GST - which will be a bonus!

As for photos, I'm still a newby. Still need to practice, practice and practice!

Nice pics! I'm glad you enjoyed Sydney. Hopefully one day, I'll be able to capture the Opera House as well as you (I see the Opera House almost everyday!)

I wonder how many Sydneysiders we have in this forum...

9. Bhupinder2002

Thanks for going thro my threads and this a benchmark lens for portrait photography in MFT system. I love it and It hasn't come off my EPL2 yet. We are all looking forward to see ur pics ..
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

10. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey miss welcome here aye. I'm a Queenslander ( Go maroons! ) lol.

I'm glad we have you on here. We are a fairly blokie bunch so it'll be good to have some perspectives from your eyes. I wonder if you have a cat?

I'm curious to see how old you are. It seems that not many younguns have the m43 system and the majority are in the older bracket. I'm not going to say here what that age is or I mightn't be able to live to old age myself.

Jumping straight in on the GX1. Nice work, I'm thinking of getting one myself. My GF1 is still going strong after 16,000 clicks.

make yourself at home and ask any questions you like. We like to talk.

oo-roo,
    icon

11. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    actually I was oversea for holiday recently. I notice quite a few younger
    female with the panasonic Micro 4/3 camera .:smile:

12. MissNov

MissNov New to Mu-43

Jan 10, 2012
    Sydney
    Not many younguns have the m43 camera

13. MissNov

MissNov New to Mu-43

Jan 10, 2012
    Sydney
    Opps, sent too soon! I meant to say not many young'uns have the m43 because they are expensive! Age is relative anyway. From what I understood, it's all in the eye of the photographer ?

14. Iconindustries

Yeah but what If I were the photographer and you were the subject:smile: ok so now I see you on my LCD screen and at a stab in the dark I choose maybe 34. Am i hot or cold?

15. Bhupinder2002

hahaah our fellow Aussies are interested more in ur age and I think its not good to ask any woman her age publicly ..hahahaaha:rofl::rofl:
    Anyway , when are u gonna get ur 45 mm 1.8 lens? I would like to know ur name and see some shots with GX1+ 45mm Oly combo from sydney .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

16. Wormwood

Wormwood Mu-43 Regular

Aug 17, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    Within the inner city I have seen a number of 4/3 being totted around - mainly by uni aged persons and the new upper families.

Welcome MissNova you have found a quirky but solid crew to shoot with here.

Yes I do believe that a Sydney meet should be arraigned.

Wormwood

17. Bhupinder2002

I dare to differ Your Royal Highness ...lol

I tend to differ here, I have come across mostly young people carrying MFT as they are more sexy and trendy cameras than DSLRs.
    Here is the proof and they were all spotted on the same day , there were some more people caring Olympus Pens but I was distracted by a Blonde and couldnt concentrate ..:tongue::tongue::rofl:
    Cheers

IMG_2786. PC240794_12_34_04_PM. PC240782. PC240688.

18. MissNov

MissNov New to Mu-43

Jan 10, 2012
    Sydney
    Very good advice!! Lol.

Will have the lens by end of next week, will post some photos shortly after.

Thanks, can't agree more!

And guys, maybe there should be a mft owners age/gender poll thread instead for these discussions !! :)

19. Iconindustries

Good idea, just had to find it. This is pretty old now but this shows the current (may 1st 2011) age bracket of the users IN this forum.

Highest percentage here is 55 yrs. Bit older than me.
    But maybe the majority of younger m43 shooters don't bother with forums.

https://www.mu-43.com/f49/how-old-you-poll-age-distribution-forum-10508/

• Like Like x 1