Hi from Surrey/London

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by markl9, Aug 22, 2012.

1. markl9

markl9 Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 9, 2012
    Hi All

I feel as though I've been lurking on this forum for ages and as I've finally hit the buy it now button on my first micro four thirds kit I feel I'm worthy of my first post :smile:

After selling my old Canon 350d I've been debating for far too long as to what to get as a replacement, always had my heart on the OMD but struggled to justify the expense and no matter what other camera I picked up in the shop I kept on going back to it. I've now bit the bullet and ordered it from Panamoz, it should be here in a day or so.

I'm off on a bit of a road trip round California in a week or so and that was main reason I finally bit the bullet, couldn't go all that way with a P&S could I?

Well now I've got my first post out of the way hopefully I'll contribute a bit more, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions if nothing else.

I'll sign off by saying thanks to all the contributors on here, you've already provided me with a huge amount of advice, information and inspiration.

All the best.

• Like Like x 1
  2. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    If you've got a bit of spending money to take to the States then maybe you can pick up some nice lenses for yourself too -at $ prices rather than ££.
  3. markl9

markl9 Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 9, 2012
    The thought had crossed my mind, avoiding my wife's beady eye may be a problem though, she doesn't know I've bought the OMD yet!
  4. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    Welcome! I just sold off all of my Canon gear -- 40D, 2 external flashes, and 6 lenses, and bought an OM-D. I have had an E-PL1 for a little over a year and I love the combination of size and quality that the m43 cameras give you. Until the OM-D, there weren't any m43 cameras that had all the qualities I was looking for to make me dump my Canon stuff but with the lightning fast focus and amazing high ISO quality, those issues are things of the past.

You'll love the OM-D I'm sure. Just make sure you share some shots when you get it!
  5. whatisinthebag

whatisinthebag Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Central California

I look forward to seeing how you and your OM-D visualize California.
  6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your photos. :smile: