Hi from somewhere in Britain!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Farcanalman, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Farcanalman

Farcanalman  

Feb 12, 2012
    Hi to one and all!

I am coming back to photography courtesy of the wonderful, small but very capable, Olympus E-PL1!

I am on a tight budget, like so many people these days, and am here primarily to investigate how I can cut costs by using adapted lenses with my camera.

It is so good to find a Micro 4/3 dedicated site, it will I hope make my endeavours a bit easier.

Just so you all know, I am on the lookout for a Tamron 90mm f2.5 adaptall 2 lens for my Macro needs and want to acquire more advice/info concerning other good Prime, Telephoto and Zoom lenses that I could use.

Well I hope this will be a good place to be, and certainly it looks like it from the wide subject matter in the forums listings!

Feel free to contact me with any useful tips or info for my needs;

Zoological specimen recording, both field and lab based.

Geological/Ecological shots, usually concerning recording sites of Zoological interest.

And of course taking better Photos of my family, friends and personal location shots.

I will say that the only single expensive purchase I am going to make for my E-PL1, will be the VF-2 as I am long-sighted and it will both be better for my vision as well as beating the reflection problems when using the LCD screen!

All the best and happy snapping!

:cool:

Andreas

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    The VF-2 is an incredibly useful accessory. You'll really enjoy it. :) Even if you prefer the LCD most of the time, when you do need the VF-2 there's no replacement. It has 100% coverage with 1.15x magnification, just like our pro-grade Oly DSLRs.

I've always heard good things about the Tamron 90mm/2.5 Adaptall, though I use the Kiron 105mm/2.8 for my macro. I was very close to getting another 90mm/2.5 instead....

Welcome to the forum, and to the m4/3 world!