Hi from socal

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Ianlmk, May 12, 2013.

1. Ianlmk

Ianlmk New to Mu-43

May 8, 2013
    Hello to everyone! I found this site when I started searching for information on m43 cameras (specifically the gf1). I got one for a song and just realized that it actually does make a difference in picture quality when compared to a plain old point and shoot camera.

My whole family and my girlfriend have all been into photography for years and years, and I always cared less, but after holding the gf1 in my hands, I became interested. Its so much smaller and less intrusive then those giant dslr's. I dont really need to worry about throwing it in my bag or breaking it because its nice and smallish, and it feels like a heavier version of my old point and shoot cameras.

Anyway, I plan on using this camera to learn about light and lenses and cameras in general because as far as I know, the knowledge will always be applicable if I want to "capture a moment" for the rest of my life.

So, thanks for creating and contributing to this great site and I look forward to reading and learning. ...for the next few months at least :)
  2. GeBathan

GeBathan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    Welcome to the forum!!
  3. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Welcome to the "Happy house of all things Mu43".

A great place to be and you have a great camera there, the GF1 was my first foray into 4/3rds when it came out and with the 20mm was a great street/general purpose camera that delivered great IQ.

Enjoy it and I hope you enjoy your time here on the site.
  4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan

Welcome aboard!

5. Dan Lopez

Dan Lopez Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2011
    Can't say enough good things about the gf1, I came from a Panasonic P&S to the the gf1 + 20mm, a wonderful combo that got me hooked on mirrorless. Welcome!

6. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
  7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome aboard! :smile:
  8. Ianlmk

Ianlmk New to Mu-43

May 8, 2013
    Thanks for all of the welcomes!!

I have the 14-42 panasonic lens and 3 minolta md lenses (rokkor 45mm f2, 50mm 1.7 and 50mm 2.0) ..i also have a super albinar 85-205, but I cant figure out how it works and I think I need to clean it. It was free, so I may just take it apart and figure out how the lenses and mechanisms work.

so far Ive only used the 14-42, but started playing with the 45 about 20 minutes ago and I like it a lot. I just learned why and how to set white balance, DoF, and iso, so Im going to go play. I hope everyone has a great day/night.

I will for sure enjoy the camera and this forum.

Again, thanks for the welcomes!!
  9. dlew

dlew Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    welcome to the forum... look forward to seeing some pics soon!

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA