1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hi from socal

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Ianlmk, May 12, 2013.

1. Ianlmk

Ianlmk New to Mu-43

May 8, 2013
    Hello to everyone! I found this site when I started searching for information on m43 cameras (specifically the gf1). I got one for a song and just realized that it actually does make a difference in picture quality when compared to a plain old point and shoot camera.

My whole family and my girlfriend have all been into photography for years and years, and I always cared less, but after holding the gf1 in my hands, I became interested. Its so much smaller and less intrusive then those giant dslr's. I dont really need to worry about throwing it in my bag or breaking it because its nice and smallish, and it feels like a heavier version of my old point and shoot cameras.

Anyway, I plan on using this camera to learn about light and lenses and cameras in general because as far as I know, the knowledge will always be applicable if I want to "capture a moment" for the rest of my life.

So, thanks for creating and contributing to this great site and I look forward to reading and learning. ...for the next few months at least :)

2. GeBathan

GeBathan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    Gerard
    Welcome to the forum!!

3. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Welcome to the "Happy house of all things Mu43".

A great place to be and you have a great camera there, the GF1 was my first foray into 4/3rds when it came out and with the 20mm was a great street/general purpose camera that delivered great IQ.

Enjoy it and I hope you enjoy your time here on the site.

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Ianlmk,

Welcome aboard!

Regards,

Jim

5. Dan Lopez

Dan Lopez Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2011
    Can't say enough good things about the gf1, I came from a Panasonic P&S to the the gf1 + 20mm, a wonderful combo that got me hooked on mirrorless. Welcome!

-Dan.

6. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    Welcome.

7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome aboard! :smile:

8. Ianlmk

Ianlmk New to Mu-43

May 8, 2013
    Thanks for all of the welcomes!!

I have the 14-42 panasonic lens and 3 minolta md lenses (rokkor 45mm f2, 50mm 1.7 and 50mm 2.0) ..i also have a super albinar 85-205, but I cant figure out how it works and I think I need to clean it. It was free, so I may just take it apart and figure out how the lenses and mechanisms work.

so far Ive only used the 14-42, but started playing with the 45 about 20 minutes ago and I like it a lot. I just learned why and how to set white balance, DoF, and iso, so Im going to go play. I hope everyone has a great day/night.

I will for sure enjoy the camera and this forum.

Again, thanks for the welcomes!!

9. dlew

dlew Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    So-Cal
    Dennis
    welcome to the forum... look forward to seeing some pics soon!
    :wink:

10. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley