1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from Sheffield, UK :o)

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Rhys, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Rhys

Rhys Guest

Sep 4, 2010
    Hello,

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks since getting a GF1 and have decided to sign up as it seems like a good forum.

A few weeks ago I sold my Nikon D300 and all my lenses as I realised that I was losing interest in photography mainly because I couldn't be bothered to lug the hulking great camera around with me anywhere. I decided to buy a compact like the Canon G9 or similar and when doing a bit of research discovered micro four thirds which I'd never heard of before!

I've now got a GF1, 14-45, 20mm, LVF1 and adapters for Nikon and M42 fittings. I've borrowed my father's immaculately looked after Pentax lenses that probably haven't had any use for the last 30 years and I've also bought a Helios 58mm after reading up on here and a bargain FleaBay special Nikon 80-200 f2.8 which looks a bit silly on the GF1 (and a little difficult to handle on such a small body) but seems to be of good quality.

No regrets so far on ditching full size DSLR's and I've found my interest in photography has been re-kindled and I'm grabbing the camera whenever I go out just in case.

I'd really like to get the 7-14mm but I'm struggling to convince myself that it's worth the money. Would anyone like to give me theirs for free? :smile:

Anyway, that's my journey hereā€¦.so hi!

Rhys

• Like Like x 2
  2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome here Rhys !

3. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Oh, another lurker, welcome aboard and pleased to see your immediate interest in legacy lenses, enjoy, that has also helped me to rekindle my photographic interests.

Barrie

4. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Rhys, welcome to the home of m4/3rds :2thumbs:

I'm in Sheffield too... over in Wadsley - which part of Sheffield are you from?

Cheers

Brian

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Rhys, welcome and thanks so much for your introduction! Congrats on that GF1 and the rest! Sounds as though you are pretty much set except for that one lens.:wink:

7. Rhys

Rhys Guest

Sep 4, 2010
    I lived in Fulwood and Hillsborough for a few years but I'm now out near Tankersley :thumbup: