Hi from San Francisco!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by jenniferabe, Sep 22, 2011.

1. jenniferabe

jenniferabe New to Mu-43

Aug 20, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Hi!

I live in San Francisco, CA with my husband and our two cats.

I've been shooting with mostly Canon DSLRs since the 10D came out. I just took the plunge into micro four thirds with the Olympus E-P3 in my quest to have a smaller kit to carry around with me more regularly. I have a lot to learn and get used to, but so far I'm really happy with my new camera.

Despite my attempt to start slowly, I bought the E-P3 kit with the 17mm pancake, also bought the 12mm f/2.0 and pre-ordered the 45mm f/1.8.

Most of my photography is currently centered around a big-headed, big-eyed doll named Blythe. You can see my recent photos on Flickr.

2. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Hi and welcome to the forum. This is a very friendly and helpful group here. Enjoy your new toys (and don't you think you need a PL25/1.4 now too? ;-) )

3. Warren T.

Warren T. Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    San Francisco
    Welcome from a fellow San Franciscan! :smile:

This is a nice place to hang out, and there are a lot of very knowledgeable and friendly people here. I look forward to seeing the pictures taken with your new gear.

--Warren

4. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Welcome, neighbor

5. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum!

Very cool images!

6. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Freaking me out!

Dolls are creepy. Ever since Telly Savalas on Twilight Zone I just can't look at a doll and not get twitchy!

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSy8Ko1vSKQ]Talky Tina -- Living Doll -- Two Minute Twilight Zone Project -- Season 5, Episode 6 - YouTube[/ame]

Just yesterday my daughter showed a 'new' dolly she found ... I almost messed my britches - that thing looked EXACTLY like Talking Tiny.

Oh yeah, welcome from (safely I hope) across the bay.

7. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    I have a cat too!!! We should be best friends:thumbup:

8. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Welcome aboard Jennifer. Looks like you got yourself quite a nice kit there! Congrats on the new gear and post lots of photos here! :) 

9. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Chicago
    Welcome! I really like some of the images of the doll. I wasn't aware of Blythe and the thriving community around it.

Do you make the clothes yourself?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.