1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from San Francisco!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by jenniferabe, Sep 22, 2011.

1. jenniferabe

jenniferabe New to Mu-43

Aug 20, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Hi!

I live in San Francisco, CA with my husband and our two cats.

I've been shooting with mostly Canon DSLRs since the 10D came out. I just took the plunge into micro four thirds with the Olympus E-P3 in my quest to have a smaller kit to carry around with me more regularly. I have a lot to learn and get used to, but so far I'm really happy with my new camera.

Despite my attempt to start slowly, I bought the E-P3 kit with the 17mm pancake, also bought the 12mm f/2.0 and pre-ordered the 45mm f/1.8.

Most of my photography is currently centered around a big-headed, big-eyed doll named Blythe. You can see my recent photos on Flickr.

2. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Hi and welcome to the forum. This is a very friendly and helpful group here. Enjoy your new toys (and don't you think you need a PL25/1.4 now too? ;-) )

3. Warren T.

Warren T. Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    San Francisco
    Welcome from a fellow San Franciscan! :smile:

This is a nice place to hang out, and there are a lot of very knowledgeable and friendly people here. I look forward to seeing the pictures taken with your new gear.

--Warren

4. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Welcome, neighbor

5. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum!

Very cool images!

6. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Freaking me out!

Dolls are creepy. Ever since Telly Savalas on Twilight Zone I just can't look at a doll and not get twitchy!

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSy8Ko1vSKQ]Talky Tina -- Living Doll -- Two Minute Twilight Zone Project -- Season 5, Episode 6 - YouTube[/ame]

Just yesterday my daughter showed a 'new' dolly she found ... I almost messed my britches - that thing looked EXACTLY like Talking Tiny.

Oh yeah, welcome from (safely I hope) across the bay.

7. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    I have a cat too!!! We should be best friends:thumbup:

8. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Welcome aboard Jennifer. Looks like you got yourself quite a nice kit there! Congrats on the new gear and post lots of photos here! :)

9. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Chicago
    Welcome! I really like some of the images of the doll. I wasn't aware of Blythe and the thriving community around it.

Do you make the clothes yourself?