Hi from Salt Lake City, Utah.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Jdumas, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Jdumas

Jdumas Mu-43 Regular

My name is James. 28 year old father of 2 girls. I got into photography 6 years ago after taking a intro course in college and have been hooked ever since. I shoot Canon SLR's and DSLR's mainly but having this new oly I have not touched the them in a few weeks:biggrin: I also love collecting old cameras and lenses, I have a modest but growing collection despite my wife:wink:

About once a month I turn my bathroom into a darkroom and try my hand at BW printing and developing. I find it very rewarding and interesting, just wish I had more time to do it.

I found this forum through researching my new E-PL1. You guys were a big help, especially in regards to using adapted legacy lenses. So, I thought I could help add to the great information already here.

See ya out there!

James Dumas
    • Like Like x 2
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome James - you are in good company here. Any extra help needed just ask.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

James, thank you so much for your introduction. Picturing you in your bathroom/darkroom brings back many happy memories!:thumbup:

I'm very glad you've found your way here and look forward to seeing your photos, soon. You'll find yourself among very good company here with all those adapted lenses.:biggrin:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome James, and Hello from Scotland - glad you've chosen to join us :smile:
  5. Jdumas

Jdumas Mu-43 Regular

Thanks guys! Glad to have found a friendly place to share my pics.
  6. Rfinley33

Rfinley33 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 8, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Thought I was the only Olympus (E-M5, E-5, E520) user in Utah. Was disapointed when Picture Line quit selling Olympus Products. I liave in Salt Lake near U of U.
    Bob Finley
  7. Jdumas

Jdumas Mu-43 Regular

Hi Bob!

I now can count three Olympus users that I know in slc. You, me and my uncle (who I convinced to get a epl1 kit) come to think of it I have never seen anyone in public with a pen yet.

There is a member on here named nickswan he lives in slc too. He contacted me through this forum also. We meetup and take photos and talk shop quite frequently. We have become pretty good friends. Unfortunately he had to sell his gx1 recently. We should do a slc group meetup.

I am currently shooting a epm1 with a vf2. Oly 17, 45 and a panny 20. Plus a handful of legacy lenses.

I live near Murray park.

Always great to meet another oly user!