1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from Sacramento, CA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by einstrigger, Nov 29, 2011.

1. einstrigger

einstrigger New to Mu-43

Nov 13, 2011
    Hi everyone, I've decided to jump into the m4/3 waters by recently acquiring a GH2. I'm normally a stills shooter coming over from Pentax, but recently began dabbling in video and Pentax just couldn't cut it. I've seen other Pentaxians who have already made the move as well, so I'm hoping to learn more about m4/3. So far, I only have the 14-140mm, but I'm really itching for a K to m4/3 adapter or some native primes.

2. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Hi einstrigger, I'm a Pentaxian and there are a few dual-system shooters around here.

I have a basic Rainbow Imaging PK—>µ43 adapter with the aperture ring control. It isn't perfect, but it does the job fairly cheaply. In particular, it doesn't seem to provide cover the entire range from open to stopped down, but instead can be set to cover from open to 50% or 50% to closed. If that makes any sense then I congratulate your imagination.

I like the system enough that I've bought a few native lenses. I like the face detection autofocus of µ43. If a body existed that had the sensitivity of the K-5 then I'd be as happy as a pig in mud.

3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group!

4. einstrigger

einstrigger New to Mu-43

Nov 13, 2011
    Thanks for the welcome.

Exactly, which is why I'm not giving up my K-5 quite yet.

5. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Welcome to a fine group!

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome.