Hi from rural Russia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Olga Matitsena, May 26, 2011.

1. Olga Matitsena

Olga Matitsena New to Mu-43

May 26, 2011
    Mazeika, Russia
    Hi !

I'm Olga, and I live in rural Russia. 36 years, and married to Serguei, who might well register in the next days.

We are looking into buying a new camera, but hesitate between Panasonic and Olympus. Both are available but very expensive here in Russia. So we might well decide during our next summer holiday in Europe.

Anybody knows where they are least expensive ? Spain, France or Italy ???
    And, Panasonic or Olympus ?

bye for now,
    Olga !

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Welcome.

You should buy a camera with a good EVF : old lenses from Feds and Zorkis work great on m4/3rds (with cheap adapter) and would cost you almost nothing to buy. With a good EVF you can focus them easily and get great pictures.

Panasonic G1 G2 GH1 GH2 G3 (EVF included)
    Olympus e-P2 e-pL1 e-pL2 (plus expensive EVF)

3. iliakoltsov

iliakoltsov Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2010
    Paris
    privet Olga,

I would suggest definitely the Panasonic G1 or G2. The GH2 would be the best of all but it is rather expensive at the moment ( still around 700 to 800 euros). The G2 is sold in France around 500 euros. If you wait a bit the G3 will be out and you be get a rebate on the G2 :D

Concerning old legacy lenses , If you have Zorki, Fed or Zenit lenses to adapt them all you need a M4/3 standard hence you choose it right , I would advocate as well that the EVF is quite important but it depends on the way you shoot.

Zhelaju uda4i i horshyh fotak

4. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    Привет, Ольга !

1) To answer about where to buy, maybe you'll find help here from Stratokaster, a member of this board who lives in Kiev. If I remember well, he uses a Panasonic G2. The cheapest country in E.U. to shop may well be Poland.

2) A G1 or G2 from Panasonic will offer you the best price performance. Some are still available at discount prices, many are sold second-hand while barely used...

3) I agree with those suggesting your need a built-in electronic viewfinder (EVF) which will help you using old soviet lenses. All mounts--Zenit 42, Zorki 39, Kiev Contax or N--can fit!

До скорого !

5. Plimsol

Plimsol Mu-43 Regular

Mar 29, 2010
    Belgium, Antwerp
    A welcome from Belgium.

See also the German Web shops, they are often cheaper.

Grtz

Jean,

6. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    I found the prices in camera shops in Moscow to be not bad, I even bought a compact Canon there a few years ago - cheaper than in a shop here in Britain.

7. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Доброе утро, Ольга!

Я купил свою камеру во Франции, потому что это было намного более дешево чем в Бельгии!

Рафаэль

Good morning, Olga !

I bought my camera in France, because it was much cheaper than in Belgium !

Rafael

8. Serguei Titov

Serguei Titov New to Mu-43

May 30, 2011
    Hi,

I'm Serguei, Olga is my wife, and she told me to hurry if I cared to vote.
    So I hurried (I'm a good husband, who does what SWMBO says :wink:)

We are +/- determined to spend our holidays in France (rent a motorhome and visit the vineyards), so we'll probably buy a panasonic G1 or G2 there !
    We are already looking forward to July !!!

I wish you all a good evening,
    Serguei

9. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    Добро пожаловать !
    Welcome to you !

C U,
    Rafael