1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from Port Stephens, Australia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by baddog, Jun 22, 2013.

1. baddog

baddog Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    Hi,
    My name is Steve and while I've been into M43 cameras for about 2 years now, this is first online forum i've ever joined.
    I have a website for my M43 photography at Fast Primes - Home
    I hope you like some of the images on display there and I look forward to contributing on this forum and seeing the work of other like minded photographers who enjoy this small and exciting format.

regards to all.

2. thelaxong

thelaxong Mu-43 user

Jan 13, 2011
    Melbourne - Australia
    Warm welcome Steve. Lovely website and a lot of excellent photos. From all those primes, which one do you like best? I see you working your way toward the 60mm macro and the 75mm primes ;)

3. baddog

baddog Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    Thank you for the welcome.. Tough choice, I find I use the 14mm the most as the focal length seems right for the type of shots I do, but it's the 25mm summilux that has that look/bokeh I really love.
    Having said that, the 20mm seems perfect (focal length wise) for street photography, and the 45 for days I want to be further back from what I'm shooting to ensure the shots are candid.

Did I mention I have trouble making decisions :)

4. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Steve
    I am Bhupinder .. An other MFT shooter from downunder. I had a look at ur website.. Absolutely stunning shots mate..welcome to this wonderful forum .
    Cheers:2thumbs::2thumbs:

5. thelaxong

thelaxong Mu-43 user

Jan 13, 2011
    Melbourne - Australia
    Alrite. I got it .... :) You loved them all equally ;)

I reckon you should pick some of your photos and post them in various genres to get broader audiences ;)

6. baddog

baddog Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    G'day Bhupinder, thanks for the reply. Glad you liked the photos on the website. I'm keen to see what others on the forum are shooting as well. Being in a semi-rural area I know of no other MFT photographers in my area, so always interested to connect with others, albeit online here.

7. thelaxong

thelaxong Mu-43 user

Jan 13, 2011
    Melbourne - Australia
    From your photos, I saw you have been to Melbourne :) Next time if you have a chance to stop-by, just give me or Bhupinder a yell. We could catch-up for a coffee in the cbd :wink:

8. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

:2thumbs::2thumbs::drinks: that sounds like a plan. We should arrange a meet soon .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

9. baddog

baddog Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    I did in fact grow up in Melbourne, and still have family there so I try to get down at least once a year. I try to avoid winter, but should be down in late Spring,so yeah, maybe a chance to catch up.
    I notice you guys have OMD's. Very nice. I've considered swapping from my two GF1's to a single OMD but I can't find buyers for the GF1's. I went as low as $180ea on them without luck, but they are too nice a camera to give away for any less, so I've decided to keep them and put the OMD idea out of my head. The 2 bodies are actually handy when using primes - less changing.

You guys have websites or Flickr I can check out ?

10. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
    Maria
    Welcome Steve,
    Another Aussie here but from Sunshine Coast Qld.
    This is a great site with lots of friendly informative people.

Nice images on your site.

My facebook site is in my signature, here is my flickr site

Noonan Photography's photosets on Flickr

Cheers

11. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Welcome aboard, Steve!

Regards,

Jim

12. baddog

baddog Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    Thanks RamblinR,

Sunshine coast...nice. I used to live in Buderim some years ago now, but found employment difficult to come by and moved here to find work.
    I'll go check out your flickr site now.

13. oto02

oto02 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    Melbourne, VICTORIA, AU
    Flo
    Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum and greetings from Adelaide.

Enjoy!!!