1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by trisberg, Mar 14, 2010.

1. trisberg

trisberg Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2009
    Hi everyone,

Time to introduce myself. My user account got migrated from the old Camera Work forum, but I didn't have an MFT camera, so I haven't been active here. Until now that is. Now that i actually have bought an MFT camera I have more reason to be active.

So far so good, enjoying the format. I'll mostly shoot with the panny 20mm but at times I will experiment with older manual focus lenses using adapters. Looking forward to a good wide-angle lens for the system as well. Looks like the Panasonic 14mm would be my best bet when it's introduced.

Here is an example of what I like to shoot:

PB260520.

Cheers,
    Thomas

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

trisberg - thanks for your coming on out now that you've got your mu43 camera but did I miss what kind you are using? I can't quite read the name on your avatar photo. I think it's an Olympus, but want to be sure.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more, soon.:thumbup:

3. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome to the Tea Party Thomas....I think that you will enjoy it here.

4. trisberg

trisberg Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2009
    I have an Olympus E-P2. I like the retro looks, probably because I'm used to classic film cameras from even before they were classic :smile: My first serious camera was a Pentax Spotmatic. I wish I still had the lenses from that camera since I would have been able to use them again on the E-P2.

Thanks for the welcome.

-Thomas

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Thomas, I really can see that it's an E-P2, which I have as well, but thought it would be good for your "official" intro to include it. I think it's a very nice looking camera, too. The first I owned was an Olympus OM-1...:biggrin:

P.S. And by the way, in my hurry I forgot to thank you for your first photo! There are quite a few "street shooters" here and I always enjoy looking at their photographs, too. If you haven't checked out the how gallery set up, please do. The Site Information forum is the best place to start...but you've probably already been in there.

6. steve

steve Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Havertown, PA
    Hi,

Welcome to the community. I lived in Philadelphia for years and spent some time in Doylestown. You should have opportunity for some great photos around there.

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Welcome back Thomas! It is great to see you here again. I thought we had a good thing at Camera Work, but it wasn't meant to be.

8. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  9. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Wellcome Thomas, nice to see another olimpian here. Like BBW, my first cam was an OM1 , nice memories. Now I usually shoot with my ep1 :smile:

10. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Thomas ! Nice to have you here. Great shot !