1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from Ottawa, Canada

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Tominthevan, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Tominthevan

Tominthevan New to Mu-43

Dec 21, 2014
    Ottawa, ON
    Tom Moore
    Hello all. My name is Tom Moore and although new to Mu-43, I have had an Oly EP-2 for a few years. Lately I purchased an M-10 - mainly because it has a viewfinder and is still relatively compact.

I have made the transition from Canon EOS gear and still have an older camera and several L type lenses that i've acquired over the last decade. I can't seem to be able to let them go yet, so they're gathering dust.

I'm a retired hi-tech worker and photography is definitely a hobby for me. I have many other interests and hobbies so the amount of time I spend shooting varies. I'm sure having fun with my M-10 right now.

I've been following this forum through my feed reader over the last few months. It looks interesting, but I haven't been able to interact with other members. Now I'll be able to foucs more on the forums and threads that interest me and interact with other members. i'm looking forward to that.

Tom

2. JNB

JNB Mu-43 Regular

Dec 11, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Welcome from the east coast of Canada. I'm also new to these forums, but have been using Micro-4/3 since early 2009 with my Panasonic G1. My first DSLR purchase (Canon) was in 2003, but M4/3 was the first system that actually felt at home in my hands. Years ago one of my favourite working combos was two Olympus OM-1 SLRs with 35mm f/2 and 85mm f/2 lenses mounted. Today, I often go out with two G3's and 17 and 45mm lenses mounted. And I can tuck a 12mm and 75mm in the bag as well. Marvellous.

3. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    Welcome from the west coast of Canada. The E-M10 is the first interchangeable lens digital camera for me. I've had mine for about 8 months and am finally getting comfortable with it. It's a great little camera and I'm very pleased with my choice. I'll like it even more as my lens collection builds.