1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hi from Oldie Newbie

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by dee, Oct 19, 2010.

1. dee

dee Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 18, 2010
    London Far South
    I have just aquired an ex dem Panasonic G1 to complement my L1 , just to show my commitment to m43 , I also bought an Olympus 14 / 42 for the L1 , to make it more useable without the enormous Leica zoom .

To be honest , at £280 , it was less than a Canon G10 , and can adapt to / adopt my Leica fit lenses .

I am having fun with my collection of ex-USSR 50 mms , most of which don't align with my Leica M8 .

The avater sports a beautifully crafted faux Elmar , with it's leather collar .

Fun - and as it's a clean rebuild , works beautifully .

I hope to learn , 'cos live view and EVF are new to me .

• Like Like x 2
  2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Hi Dee,
    G1 and GF1 user here, the evf on the G1 is an excellent one, I hope you'll soon feel very much at home with it and in this forum.

Barrie

3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Welcome.
    Aww, I could've swapped you one of my 14-42 4/3rds lenses for your awful panaleica kit disaster on your hopelessley outdated L1.
    Come to think of it, you wanna buy a puppy?

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

5. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Dee!

6. dee

dee Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 18, 2010
    London Far South
    Thanks everyone , I hope to get into the G1 properly soon .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.