1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from Northern Colorado

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by mlb, Dec 2, 2011.

1. mlb

mlb New to Mu-43

Nov 21, 2011
    Hi,

After reading here for a couple of weeks, I got my first m43 camera yesterday, so I thought it was time to put in an introduction.

I ended up mainly deciding between a G3, an E-P3, and a NEX-5N (ok, not m43). Each had at least one feature I liked that the others lacked (built-in EVF, articulated LCD, and low price on the G3; IBIS on the E-P3; focus peaking on the NEX). Why couldn't I have all of those in one camera? I briefly considered the GX1 and NEX-7, but didn't feel like waiting on one of them when I wasn't sure it was what I wanted anyway.

In the end, two intangibles swayed me to get an E-P3:
    1) From what I've read, it seems like everyone who has an E-Px is pretty happy with it.
    2) They're gorgeous, and the looks of the G3 and NEX-5N don't do it for me.

I got the silver E-P3 with the 14-42 kit lens from B&H. It got here late yesterday. So far all I've done is charge the battery and attach the strap.

I have a number of Konica lenses I hope to use with it, depending on how well they work out. I got the adapter for them from Rainbow Imaging.

I don't know if I'm going to get an EVF for the E-P3 or not. I'm going to try doing without for a while first.

This seems like a nice forum. I really enjoyed the thread with all the pictures of adapted lenses on m43 bodies. It's cool that these mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras make it possible to use all that old glass.

--mike

2. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida