1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hi from North Carolina

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by relic, Oct 21, 2010.

1. relic

relic Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 21, 2010
    I discovered this forum while browsing the micro four thirds forum on DPReview: someone was asking about Brian Mosley, and the reply was that he was busy with mu-43 forum which is why I came to check it out. I was very impressed with the helpfulness and civility of the contributors that I saw, and the wonderful work of Amin and the other organizers and moderators.

Now thanks to Brian Mosley's earlier photos on DPReview and his infectious enthusiasm that made me get the E-P1. I have been dabbling in photography for over 50 years. In the late 60's I bought a Pentax Spotmatic, which I still have to this day, along with a number of lenses. The E-P1 allowed me to make full use of those lenses.

Thanks again to all for a wonderful forum!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome the forum and hello from Scotland. Nice that you have an e-p1 and legacy lenses - that's an elegant system:) I'm using an e-p1 too.

All the best,

Colin

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

relic, thanks so much for your introduction. I find it so interesting to hear how people find there way to Mu-43, and appreciate your story. Great tribute to Brian Mosely, too!

As for the atmosphere here and the community of members, I felt the same way when I found my way here, thanks to an advertisement on The Online Photographer.

I think you're going to enjoy yourself here and am looking forward to seeing some of your photos, soon.:thumbup:

4. relic

relic Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 21, 2010
    Thank you Colin: I'm certainly enjoying the E-P1 very much.

Thank you BBW: yes, truly if it weren't for Brian, I would have probably gone with the Pentax xxD, as I wanted to make use of my legacy lenses, but the E-P1 I think was a far better choice in my case. As to my photos, I'll try to be brave and post a couple even as I'm sure they don't measure up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

relic, we've got all sorts of photographers here from every walk of life with a wide variety of experience from the novice, to the seasoned enthusiast...all the way to the professionals. We're all here because we like taking pictures. Looking forward to your involvement. Take your time.:friends:

6. relic

relic Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 21, 2010
    Thank you, BB. I will do so soon. I want to first read the instructions about uploading, then see what I have that would not be too embarrassing to display :smile:

7. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

• Like Like x 1