Hi from North Cackalacky!

TomB

New to Mu-43
Just joined, thanks to Larry the Hacker in Durham - who I met at the Hillsborough Hog Day, don't ask, it's a Cackalacky thing.

Longtime 4/3 shooter, and before that OM's. Jsut got a OM-D EM5 and loving it!

Tom

RevBob

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Welcome! Great to have you with us. I'll be in your neck of the woods in June. I'm heading to the Wild Goose Festival at Shakori Hills in Pittsboro. I'll be bring some of my :43: gear to photograph the festival. :cool:

Uwharrie

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Lynne Ezzell
Don't think I have ever heard my home state called North Cackalacky! Welcome to the forum from a fellow NCer and M43 newby.

dagaleaa

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Dawn
I was born in Salisbury, NC....lived in Charlotte for most of my life! Now I am in Florida. Welcome to the group...post some photos from your part of the world.

TomB

New to Mu-43
@RevBob:

Tent camping at Shakori is fun, don't expect to get much sleep! If you haven't been there before, two tips:

Shakori is actually in Silk Hope, NC - smack in the middle of nowhere - not Pittsboro,NC - which is merely the closest town with more than one cow.

There's a very nice "big top" type permanent tent to the left side of the main entrance - i.e from the ticket booth basically the grounds are laid out in a big loop, big top is on the left-hand side of the loop. That's the place to go if you get a downpour or thunderstorm, it has a stage inside and is relatively well grounded. Guess how I know that :)

Have fun! PM me if any questions.

Tom

RevBob

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
@RevBob:

Tent camping at Shakori is fun, don't expect to get much sleep! If you haven't been there before, two tips:

Shakori is actually in Silk Hope, NC - smack in the middle of nowhere - not Pittsboro,NC - which is merely the closest town with more than one cow.

There's a very nice "big top" type permanent tent to the left side of the main entrance - i.e from the ticket booth basically the grounds are laid out in a big loop, big top is on the left-hand side of the loop. That's the place to go if you get a downpour or thunderstorm, it has a stage inside and is relatively well grounded. Guess how I know that :)

Have fun! PM me if any questions.

Tom

Thanks Tom,
They're expecting two to three thousand people for this event. I have a vehicle pass so I will have room to park my truck, a 10X10 cooking/eating tent and a 10X10 sleeping tent. I,all keep the "big top" in mind when I'm away from my site - but at night I can ride out a storm in my truck.
There will also be a number of other large tents set up - the festival has 4-5 things going on at the same time all day long. It's only the second year for the festival, I'm really looking forward to attending!
Bob

Latest threads

Top Bottom