1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from NJ

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by gatchnj, Mar 4, 2014.

1. gatchnj

gatchnj New to Mu-43

Mar 4, 2014
    New member. Been doing amateur photography with Canons for a few years now. Current Canon rig is 70D + 24-70 F/2.8 & 70-200 F/2.8.

After a couple of months of research and reviews, I finally jumped on the mirrorless space. I currently have a Lumix GX7 with the kit 14-42 lens and an Oly 40-150 (the 2nd lens that came with a E-PM2).

I love the M4/3's ability for basic walking around with the kids without drawing attention. The Canon certainly draws unnecessary attention. The GX7 is perfect for me for walking around and other casual activities, but when it comes to low light situations (i.e. dinner at a restaurant), it leaves much to be desired, specially being spoiled with F/2.8 zoom lenses with the Canon.

Currently looking around for deals on either the Pana 12-35 F/2.8 or Oly 12-40 F/2.8. Would love to see recommendations on either lens (and deals). Currently leaning more towards the Pana one, but for nothing more than "it matches my camera body" and that the 35-100 is currently available if I want to move up closer. The upcoming Oly Pro telephoto zoom does make a strong case for the Oly 12-40 but I'm still not sure if I really need the telephoto that much on a mirrorless body. Hope I can find one soon for a good price before the kids start ramping up on activities.