1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from Newbury, UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Muntjack, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Muntjack

Muntjack Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 26, 2010
    Just taken the plunge into this new fangled digital stuff. Haven't taken a photo for about ten years since film became passe.

I always used an OM1 before with various lenses and found it to be a decent compromise of excellent build and image quality vs price. I had always admired the PEN-F and so my natural instinct was to go for the EP-2...... pricey but so beautiful.
    I have so far been extremely pleased with my choice. I have a lot to learn in this new media (new for me) and I can see me asking numerous questions.
    I have spent a few hours looking over this site and the thing that strikes me is how friendly and helpful everyone seems to be..... none of the normal fire fights over trivia.

So far I have the E-P2 w/EVF, Oly 14-42, Panny 20mm, Panny 45-200, OM adapter and four OM legacy lenses. Together with extension tubes and close-up lenses etc.
    My interests photo wise are mainly wildlife & nature with architecture thrown in. I'll snap people if I'm forced to by the wife.
    Looking forward to chatting.
    Best to all,
    Michael

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Michael, thanks so much for your introduction and welcome from another former OM-1 shooter!:biggrin:

You've got a very nice set up and I look forward to your involvement here both in pictures and in words.:thumbup:

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome Michael !

4. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Michael! Congratulations on your return to the art. It will be very interesting to hear your thoughst on m43.

5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!