Hi from New Zealand

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by nzdigital, Jul 31, 2015.

1. nzdigital

nzdigital Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    New Zealand
    Wayne
    Kia ora and hello everybody from here in New Zealand
    My name is Wayne, and I'm about to be the very excited and proud owner of a new Olympus OMD EM5 Mk2! Can't wait!
    I am 48yrs young and live with my wife and two amazing kids (Emily 15 and Joshua 14) on the West Coast of New Zealand's South Island. I am graphic designer and passionate photographer who has written, taught and occasionally worked, on photography.
    Starting out 30yrs ago on film (obviously), I've been a long time Canon user, but have also has experience with just about every system there is over the past 30 years. Except mirrorless.
    But that's about to change with the EM5 Mk2 and I'm pretty jazzed about it!
    I recently sold my Canon 1D Mk3 to purchase the Olympus, and if it goes well (which I fully expect it to), I will sell my other Canon gear to fund other lenses etc.
    So just a quick bio and a quick 'Hi'. I hope to get to know some of you better over the next few weeks, months and years as I grow into the Olympus system. With lots of initial questions no doubt?
    Until then.
    Thanks for reading, and say 'hi' yourself.
    Wayne

• Like Like x 2
  2. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Good to see another Kiwi on the board. Theres a few of us around.

Hope you enjoy your mu-43 experience :)

3. lahsrah

lahsrah Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2015
    Welcome. Would love to see some of the picturesque landscapes from South Island on here! Its on my to-do list to travel and take photos around.

4. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Welcome. I'm in the other side of the Alps ☺

5. nzdigital

nzdigital Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    New Zealand
    Wayne
    Hi wjiang. So u in Christchurch?

6. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Yup, I meant on the other side (doh).

7. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    Welcome! :)

8. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Welcome - so, another Canon FF to u43 convert. I'm sure you'll find some differences, but the advantages definitely do outweigh the disadvantages so I know you've made the right decision! What are your lens plans?

9. Lcrunyon

Lcrunyon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 4, 2014
    Maryland
    Loren
    Welcome! Like most people who've never been to New Zealand, I'd love to go there someday.

Going from a top-end ff DSLR to a Mirrorless :mu43: cold turkey will definitely be a major transition. What sort of photography do you like to shoot?

10. nzdigital

nzdigital Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    New Zealand
    Wayne
    Hi pdk42
    I'm getting the HLD-8 grip before anything else, and will then round out the kit with the 40-150mm f4\5.6 so I've got 24 to 300mm covered in two lenses.
    Later on I hope to change the 12-50 kit lens for a 12-40mm f2.8. I'm really a zoom guy, as much as I like the idea of primes....

11. nzdigital

nzdigital Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    New Zealand
    Wayne
    Hi Lcrunyon
    I shoot a bit of everything really, but do hope to use the system on some weddings as well as personal landscape\travel images.