Hi from New Zealand

Chris

Mu-43 Rookie
Hi all,

I've been lurking in the shadows for a few months now, picking up valuable tips and info and have decided it's time to get a bit more involved.

I purchased a GF1 in November last year, and have been having a great time learning about photography. This is my first decent camera, and I've never considered photography before, so this site is perfect as I am learning alot!

So far, I'm using the panny 20mm, and I've bought a FD-M43 adaptor, plus a bunch of old prime FD lens's to play around with (28mm,35mm,50mm, 135mm). Using older glass has really helped me to understand the relationship between speed/ap/iso etc. So much so, that I prefer shooting with the old glass instead of the kit 20. Even though the 20 is infinitly sharper....

Once I've figured out which focal length I prefer the most, I'll most likely splash out on a decent Prime, but for now, my $10usd FD's are good enough to play around with :2thumbs:

Thanks for having me!

Chris

pete

Mu-43 Regular
Hey chris and welcome. Love your country and beautiful people there. Ive know afew maori' and they were charming and a very humble sort.

Welcome

Pete

Enrique

Mu-43 Regular
hello Chris and wellcome to this nice place. I usually shoot with my legacy oly-lenses, a pleasure with ep1:smile:

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi Chris, welcome and please make yourself at home :friends:

I hope we'll see more of New Zealand through your lens.

Cheers

Brian

Zakkattack

Mu-43 Rookie
Christchurch lad ?

Hi Chris,

I'm new here too. By the photo's you look like you are from Christchurch. Is that New Brighton pier by any chance ?.

Anyway...welcome.

Zakk

Latest threads

Top Bottom