1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from New Zealand

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Chris, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Chris

Chris Mu-43 Rookie

Hi all,

I've been lurking in the shadows for a few months now, picking up valuable tips and info and have decided it's time to get a bit more involved.

I purchased a GF1 in November last year, and have been having a great time learning about photography. This is my first decent camera, and I've never considered photography before, so this site is perfect as I am learning alot!

So far, I'm using the panny 20mm, and I've bought a FD-M43 adaptor, plus a bunch of old prime FD lens's to play around with (28mm,35mm,50mm, 135mm). Using older glass has really helped me to understand the relationship between speed/ap/iso etc. So much so, that I prefer shooting with the old glass instead of the kit 20. Even though the 20 is infinitly sharper....

Once I've figured out which focal length I prefer the most, I'll most likely splash out on a decent Prime, but for now, my $10usd FD's are good enough to play around with :2thumbs:

Thanks for having me!

Chris

• Like Like x 3
  2. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  3. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    Hey chris and welcome. Love your country and beautiful people there. Ive know afew maori' and they were charming and a very humble sort.

Welcome

Pete

4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Chris ! Take a seat in this forum.

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Hello Chris, I must have just missed you last night. I'm so glad you de-lurked and have decided to join us here at mu43.com. I'll be looking forward to seeing and hearing more from you, too.:biggrin:

6. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    hello Chris and wellcome to this nice place. I usually shoot with my legacy oly-lenses, a pleasure with ep1:smile:

7. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Chris, welcome and please make yourself at home :friends:

I hope we'll see more of New Zealand through your lens.

Cheers

Brian

8. Chris

Chris Mu-43 Rookie

Thanks everyone! I hope to contribute as much as possible. I've got a lot to learn!

9. Zakkattack

Zakkattack Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 28, 2010
    Herne Bay, Kent, UK
    Christchurch lad ?

Hi Chris,

I'm new here too. By the photo's you look like you are from Christchurch. Is that New Brighton pier by any chance ?.

Anyway...welcome.

Zakk

10. Chris

Chris Mu-43 Rookie

Christchurch Pier indeed!

11. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Chris !

12. texascbx

texascbx Mu-43 Veteran