Hi from New Zealand

Chris

Mu-43 Rookie
Hi all,

I've been lurking in the shadows for a few months now, picking up valuable tips and info and have decided it's time to get a bit more involved.

I purchased a GF1 in November last year, and have been having a great time learning about photography. This is my first decent camera, and I've never considered photography before, so this site is perfect as I am learning alot!

So far, I'm using the panny 20mm, and I've bought a FD-M43 adaptor, plus a bunch of old prime FD lens's to play around with (28mm,35mm,50mm, 135mm). Using older glass has really helped me to understand the relationship between speed/ap/iso etc. So much so, that I prefer shooting with the old glass instead of the kit 20. Even though the 20 is infinitly sharper....

Once I've figured out which focal length I prefer the most, I'll most likely splash out on a decent Prime, but for now, my $10usd FD's are good enough to play around with :2thumbs:

Thanks for having me!

Chris

pete

Mu-43 Regular
Hey chris and welcome. Love your country and beautiful people there. Ive know afew maori' and they were charming and a very humble sort.

Welcome

Pete

Enrique

Mu-43 Regular
hello Chris and wellcome to this nice place. I usually shoot with my legacy oly-lenses, a pleasure with ep1:smile:

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi Chris, welcome and please make yourself at home :friends:

I hope we'll see more of New Zealand through your lens.

Cheers

Brian

Zakkattack

Mu-43 Rookie
Christchurch lad ?

Hi Chris,

I'm new here too. By the photo's you look like you are from Christchurch. Is that New Brighton pier by any chance ?.

Anyway...welcome.

Zakk

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom