1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hi from New Zealand

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Chris, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Chris

Chris Mu-43 Rookie

Hi all,

I've been lurking in the shadows for a few months now, picking up valuable tips and info and have decided it's time to get a bit more involved.

I purchased a GF1 in November last year, and have been having a great time learning about photography. This is my first decent camera, and I've never considered photography before, so this site is perfect as I am learning alot!

So far, I'm using the panny 20mm, and I've bought a FD-M43 adaptor, plus a bunch of old prime FD lens's to play around with (28mm,35mm,50mm, 135mm). Using older glass has really helped me to understand the relationship between speed/ap/iso etc. So much so, that I prefer shooting with the old glass instead of the kit 20. Even though the 20 is infinitly sharper....

Once I've figured out which focal length I prefer the most, I'll most likely splash out on a decent Prime, but for now, my $10usd FD's are good enough to play around with :2thumbs:

Thanks for having me!

Chris

• Like Like x 3
  2. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    Hey chris and welcome. Love your country and beautiful people there. Ive know afew maori' and they were charming and a very humble sort.

Welcome

Pete

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Chris ! Take a seat in this forum.

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Hello Chris, I must have just missed you last night. I'm so glad you de-lurked and have decided to join us here at mu43.com. I'll be looking forward to seeing and hearing more from you, too.:biggrin:

5. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    hello Chris and wellcome to this nice place. I usually shoot with my legacy oly-lenses, a pleasure with ep1:smile:

6. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Chris, welcome and please make yourself at home :friends:

I hope we'll see more of New Zealand through your lens.

Cheers

Brian

7. Chris

Chris Mu-43 Rookie

Thanks everyone! I hope to contribute as much as possible. I've got a lot to learn!

8. Zakkattack

Zakkattack Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 28, 2010
    Herne Bay, Kent, UK
    Christchurch lad ?

Hi Chris,

I'm new here too. By the photo's you look like you are from Christchurch. Is that New Brighton pier by any chance ?.

Anyway...welcome.

Zakk

9. Chris

Chris Mu-43 Rookie

Christchurch Pier indeed!

10. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Chris !

11. texascbx

texascbx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Texas
    Hello Chris. Glad to see you here!:smile:

12. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.