Hi from New York City!

Gusnyc

Mu-43 Veteran
Hello Everybody!

My name is Gustavo. I am an Argentinean living in NYC. I am a Creative Director/Graphic Designer.

On February 23rd, I received an Olympus E-PL1 as a birthday present. Lucky me, J&R received their shipment that same day!

I am very excited about this camera. I've been willing to get a dSLR for a long time, but it was hard to think about traveling with a medium sized bag just for the camera and lenses. BTW, I love to travel. Photography allows me to connect with the places I visit in a creative and exciting way.

I consider myself a novice with this system (and with Photography in general). Previously I owned a Lumix DMC-FZ50. I am hoping the E-PL1 will give me more creative control and versatility over my pictures. The M4/3 gave me the right compromise between image quality and bulk.

I am also an Apple devotee and aviation enthusiast. Now I really want to understand the technicalities of photographing with a M 4/3. I am reading some basic books, listening to podcasts and searching online for information about this format (and with photography in general). That is the way I found this website.

I posted a few pictures in Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gus_nyc

If you made it this far, thanks for your time. I hope to see you around the forums.

Have a good one!

Gus
PS, Please excuse my English. I am still working on it.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Welcome to the forum, Gus! I think we have a strong nyc contingent here, and I know we have a few Apple fans :smile:.

The FZ50 is a great camera, and I think you'll love the E-PL1. Glad you have joined us here, and no worries about your English, which comes across as excellent!

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Welcome Gus - I live just outside of NYC but I know there are at least two active Manhattanites - or possibly Brooklynites - on the forums. Your English is wonderful, don't give it a second thought!

I'm very interested in hearing about this new camera of yours... We've got several members who are recent owners as well. And believe me, you're not alone in being new to photography...or in my case quite rusty.:wink:

Looking forward to seeing more of you around mu-43.com!

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Welcome to the home of m4/3rds Gus :friends:

I hope you will post some example images as you get going with your new camera!

Cheers

Brian

pete

Mu-43 Regular
welcome Gus....I too am just west of NY. In Arizona :)
you will love your camera...nice to meet ya and welcome

Pete

Gusnyc

Mu-43 Veteran
Hey, Gus with an avatar like that how could you not be welcomed? Though I suppose there are some who are not fond of dogs...but we don't want to go there.:biggrin:

I totally agree. We don't want to go there.

BTW, my avatar's name is Mack.

: )

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Mack meet Johnnie Walker.:wink:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/4368647088/" title="Still the one by Otra2004, on Flickr">
4368647088_c85d0224b2_m.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"240" height="180" alt="Still the one" /></a>

Enrique

Mu-43 Regular
Wellcome Gus&Mac Thanks for your introduction I have a nice parter, arqentina just working in front of me It´s fun, I laught everytime, she calls "boludo" to some our poor costumers.....:rofl:

sinophilia

Mu-43 Regular
welcome Gustavo, I just spent ten days in NYC and I loved every second of it.
plenty of subjects there for your E-PL1. enjoy!

Latest threads

Top Bottom