Hi from Long Island, NY

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by andant, Jun 4, 2011.

1. andant

andant New to Mu-43

Jun 4, 2011
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Hi, I'm a new member with a recently bought E-PL2 two lens kit (Oly 14-42 II and 40-150). I also was lucky enough to buy Panasonic 20/1.7, and now trying to learn photography... Also, I'm looking for Oly 9-18 -- I love taking pictures in the cities during my travels, and am hoping to learn to use wide-angle lens.

Before I was using a very nice Panasonic FZ-18.

Thanks to everybody on this forum! :thumbup:

-Andrei

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome aboard from another New Yorker! This is the best mu43 forum around because the members are incredibly helpful and there's a wide variety of experience here. I think you'll find yourself among friends here. I know that this site was a turning point for me. So welcome aboard!:2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Andrei.

4. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    welcome, you have a excellent setup, and cover a ton of different types of photography with your setup.

I would say hold off on the 9-18 for now, and learn the limits of your current setup first.

5. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hello and Welcome to the board Andrei.

You certainly have acquired a pretty nice kit for openers.

Cheers from New England, Alan

6. SMaturin

SMaturin Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    New York's Backyard
    Welcome Andrei!

I would agree with shoturtle, and say practice with what you have now before going to a wider lens in the 9-18. If you are just beginning to learn how to use something more sophisticated than a P&S, you have plenty of gear to learn with what you got.

I have similar kit zoom and 40-150 on my E-P2, and still am learning how to get the best out of them, even though I already know a little bit about photography.

I would love to have something a little wider than the 14mm for those times I want a really wide angle shot, but am not ready to pay that much for a lens I will not use as often as the others. More gear to carry, more to get stolen or broken, etc.

-Steve

7. Welcome to the forum, Andrei!

8. andant

andant New to Mu-43

Jun 4, 2011
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Thanks to everybody!

Thanks everybody for a very nice welcome! I am enjoying all information on these forums very much. And yes, I'll follow your advice, and won't be jumping the gun and buying Oly 9-18mm right away (unless I get some nice deal) -- what I have now is already a lot of fun to shoot with, and is challenging enough for me!

I am now going through many pictures I took recently on my trip to Seoul... Takes a while to learn PP, but it's very interesting!