Hi from Lancaster,UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by lmills, May 25, 2011.

1. lmills

lmills Mu-43 Rookie

May 24, 2011
    Hi All,
    I've been following the forums for some time now after buying a GF1 ~6mths ago. I feel too much of a beginner to post much, but hopefully I'll gain some confidence over time. I also own a Nikon D7000, so very much on the fence wrt which way I want to go. The D7000 does seem to easily produce far better images than the GF1 when outside - but as soon as I'm inside the GF1 + 20mm is a joy to use. My finances won't allow me to keep both (and buy lenses!), so I'm in the decision point of which way to go.....I have decided I can't use a camera without a viewfinder, which is a beginning. I've heard very good things about the GH2, but wonder whether I should hang on for the G3 (or Oly Pen Pro?). I'm pretty sure I'll go down the M4/3 route, but I do have nagging doubts - will I regret it?
    Anyway, look forward to listening in on the discussions.
    Kind regards,
    Luke.

2. Toonman

Toonman Mu-43 Regular

Jul 19, 2010
    Hi Luke.

Lancaster UK is where I bought my GF1!

Welcome to the site. :)

3. broadway

broadway Mu-43 Regular

Mar 27, 2011
    UK
    Hi Luke,

Welcome, I have just started on m4/3 and I am slowly deciding what parts of my DSLR and kit I am going to keep. I bought a G1 as I wanted a viewfinder and didn't really consider the GF cameras. One possibility would be to swap the GF1 one for a G1 to give yourself a better Iidea of how you would get on with an EVF without the cost of a new camera.