1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from Kent UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by iansurita, Mar 15, 2013.

1. iansurita

iansurita Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 3, 2013
    Kent UK
    First post after recently joining the group and have to say I'm impressed with all the information available to a very recent micro 4/3's user. I've just got myself an Olympus E-pl3 and I'm really taken with it, and because of it's compactness and having the ability to use some of my old Nikon lenses I can see myself carrying this little beauty everywhere.
    Here's a photo of my grand-daughter taken after her visit to the GP and having been given 4 innoculations. All she could do was cry herself to sleep. 233.

2. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    Hi Ian, welcome to the forum, I'm just across the estuary from you.

The E-PL3 was my first M4/3 camera, and I still use it as a jacket pocketable if I don't want to take out my EM-5.

Grand-daughter is a cutie !!

3. iansurita

iansurita Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 3, 2013
    Kent UK
    Thanks for the welcome Savvy. Whereabouts are you...in Essex perhaps?

I've got a lot to learn about the Olympus system coming from Nikon. It's quite different and quite a learning curve for me. I seem to be spending a lot of time with the manual lol.

4. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    Yes, Essex - you can see the location at the top right of my post, and also in my Sig, along with my Gear.

Ask away, if you can't get what you want from the manual - I presume you've downloaded the full version PDF from the Olympus website, and are not trying to use the quick Start one that came with the camera?

BTW, what lens did you use on that shot?

5. iansurita

iansurita Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 3, 2013
    Kent UK
    Downloaded the complete manual,but I don't find it's the easiest manual to digest, but I will refer to it until I don't have to think to much and can concentrate more on taking photos.

I've only got the kit lens, the 14-42mm f3.5 which I used here. It'll do me for a while until I can afford something better.

I'm getting a lot of interesting info from the forum which I'll be soaking up.

6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Sweet photo - welcome to the forum! :smile:

7. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Ian, welcome aboard!