Hi From Jersey

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by usayit, Jul 3, 2010.

1. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I'm fairly new to the system with intentions of using it as a second camera to my M8 and RD1. I also collect M42 Takumars and Pentax, all of which find there way to adapted digitals such as my G1 and the Samsung DSLR (Pentax *ist rebrand). I originally acquired my used G1 body as a trial. I wasn't totally sold on the idea. It turned out to be a fun camera to shoot with so I recently upgraded to an Olympus E-PL1 + VF-2 (took advantage of the recent instant rebates from Olympus). Its only been a week with the new camera but I find it enjoyable thus far.

As for photography, I've been shooting since I was a kid with aspirations to go professional... but that was a different lifetime. Today, my pursuit of photography is for pure enjoyment and I wouldn't have it any other way. I pretty much shoot whatever crosses my path even cherishing snapshots. I come to this corner of the web looking for others with an interest with m4/3rds.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Plenty of people on here with an interest in micro 4/3, doubtless you'll be welcomed by others as well, good luck with your new purchase.

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Jersey and welcome here. Which camera you like most ? It's tumored that Pan may have a rangefinder MFT camera soon, I hope they will. Enjoy your weekend.
  4. usayit

My Leica M8 is the most used camera followed by the RD1. I'm currently on vacation (headed home today) and this is what I'm traveling with

I can see the Olympus replacing the RD1 as my default second camera. I like the fact that I can take advantage of the 2x effective FOV using the same M-mount lenses for a compact telephoto. I like the fact that the camera is so small and light even with its kit lens that my bag isn't really any heavier nor larger with the extra camera.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Welcome to the forum.

What a nice little collection there. Oh, I really want a Leica but would have to sell the wife and child first.

...hmm, wonder how much I would get for them?
  6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

usayit, glad you found your way here to mu-43.com! Please make yourself at home and post a few photos with that E-PL1 when you have a chance.

I agree with Peter about your collection - very nice. Very funny, too, Peter.:biggrin:
  7. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    We share similar desires in cameras. I have sold both the M8 and Eppy. The Pen 1&2 do it for me...
    Welcome and I have to ask..... What Jersey are you from.....?
  8. usayit

lol.... I've been wondering the same thing for the M9. If I sell my R-D1 and M8, I could perhaps keep the child. lol

StreetShooter, I am actually a Texas transplant to the Morris County area of NJ.

I'll post more from the E-PL1 sometime in the future. I just had it over a 1 week and the past trip was the annual "bring Son to see grandparents" which wasn't much time to shoot (just a bunch of family snaps)
    • Like Like x 1