Hi from Idaho

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Richard in Idaho, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Richard in Idaho

Richard in Idaho New to Mu-43

Feb 24, 2010
    I have an Canon 5D w/ the 24mm-105mm. It is a great camera, but, it is just to big and heavy to carry all the time.
    Had been looking at P&Ss.
    Then came across M4/3. So I signed up here.

A local store has the e-p1/2. But no one here sells the Panasonic.

Will be traveling this spring and plan to look then. Need to see the e-pl1, G1, GF1 and the maybe the G2 if it is out this Spring.

Anyway, I have been enjoying the site.:smile:
    • Like Like x 4
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Richard, glad you found your way here into mu-43.com and I'm sure that by some time tomorrow, if not sooner you'll get some helpful feedback on that other thread you started.

Looking forward to hearing what decision you make.
  3. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    I need to get me a welcome face. Hey dude welcome. Friendly place here. Cheers
  4. gidion27

gidion27 New to Mu-43

Hi Richard, I just joined myself and I have to say it is truly a great web site. Have fun browsing the different posts.
  5. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

G'day and welcome to Richard and Gidion. Nice to see you on the forum and i trust you have a fun time exploring all the interesting threads. Thanks for joining.

c u

6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Richard!
    Size and weight matters.
    You made the right decision to join here and go for m43.

Have a nice day.
    Kind regards, Herman
  7. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome Richard!
  8. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    Wellcome Richard. Most of us come from dslr┬┤s, compacts, analogs....so please begin to pray this mantra, is very useful: I need a m 4/3 cam, I need.... :rofl:
  9. pointoneeight

pointoneeight Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Brighton, UK
    Welcome Richard!

I've got great memories of the short time I spent in Idaho, I rode the stretch of highway 12 from Missoula to Lewiston, amazing country round there!
  10. Richard in Idaho

Richard in Idaho New to Mu-43

Feb 24, 2010
    Thanks for the replies. At this point I plan to take my time. Read what I can and handle the cameras as I get a chance.
  11. kai.e.g.

kai.e.g. Mu-43 Regular

Welcome, Richard. Idaho was the final resting place of my great-grandparents, and I've always been interested to visit the area some day.
  12. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome Richard from Idaho where the best potatoes grow!!
  13. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Welcome Richard, and thanks for saying hello! we get lots of guests... I hope most of them get around to joining in due course. :friends: