1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from Honolulu, Hawaii

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by jyap, May 26, 2011.

1. jyap

jyap Mu-43 Regular

May 16, 2011
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Hi, I've been following the forum for a few months now.

I have a Nikon D5000 DSLR but I haven been getting more interested in getting a :43:'s camera primarily because of the bulk. I'm pretty sure I'd take more pics as I want something less obtrusive and more 'pick up and go'.

I have had several point and shoots along the way but once I experienced the APS-C sensor size I hit a revelation ("what the F have I been doing all these years with point and shoots!") that I could never go back to a point and shoot sensor size camera... I may as well just use my 8 megapixel cell phone.

So I have tested out some :43: cameras in the stores such as the Sony NEX series and an Olympus model (not sure exactly which one). Interface plays a big part for me so I didn't like the NEX's because the menu system was 'dumbed down' like a point and shoot. So I'm leaning towards a more traditional and 'professional' interface.

I'm still holding off on which one to get as I'm still waiting for:
    - Nikon's potential announcement of a mirrorless system
    - The Panasonic GF3. The announcement of the GF2 really disappointed me and how it went more the direction of point and shoot.
    - The Olympus EP3. Potentially a more professional style camera.

I am also the developer of this app:
    Mirrorless Lenses for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

You are encouraged to leave a review of the app and a 5-star rating! :wink:

From what I can see, and what I have experienced, this is really a friendly forum. Great job guys! :tongue: :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  2. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Aloha, neighbor. Welcome to the club. :)

Stefan

3. Hello and welcome, jyap!