1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hi from Honolulu, Hawaii

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by jyap, May 26, 2011.

1. jyap

jyap Guest

Hi, I've been following the forum for a few months now.

I have a Nikon D5000 DSLR but I haven been getting more interested in getting a :43:'s camera primarily because of the bulk. I'm pretty sure I'd take more pics as I want something less obtrusive and more 'pick up and go'.

I have had several point and shoots along the way but once I experienced the APS-C sensor size I hit a revelation ("what the F have I been doing all these years with point and shoots!") that I could never go back to a point and shoot sensor size camera... I may as well just use my 8 megapixel cell phone.

So I have tested out some :43: cameras in the stores such as the Sony NEX series and an Olympus model (not sure exactly which one). Interface plays a big part for me so I didn't like the NEX's because the menu system was 'dumbed down' like a point and shoot. So I'm leaning towards a more traditional and 'professional' interface.

I'm still holding off on which one to get as I'm still waiting for:
    - Nikon's potential announcement of a mirrorless system
    - The Panasonic GF3. The announcement of the GF2 really disappointed me and how it went more the direction of point and shoot.
    - The Olympus EP3. Potentially a more professional style camera.

I am also the developer of this app:
    Mirrorless Lenses for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

You are encouraged to leave a review of the app and a 5-star rating! :wink:

From what I can see, and what I have experienced, this is really a friendly forum. Great job guys! :tongue: :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  2. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Aloha, neighbor. Welcome to the club. :) 

Stefan

3. Hello and welcome, jyap!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.