Hi from France

Fred49

Mu-43 Regular
My hobby is hiking, but i was disappointed by the photos i was bringing back.
Thats why before going to hike 3 weeks in Iceland i bought an Olympus E420, that was a HUGE weight investment ( more then 600g :eek: , when we dont bring a real tent to save weight and sleep in a 830g floorless shelter )
But i didnt regret it and i now have A4 and A3 printed books from this hike and the following ones in Scotland, Greenland etc..

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I am totaly unskilled and i started very recently doing non IA photos.

I now have EP2 + 14-42 + 20mm.

And in one month i am leaving for a 3 weeks hike in south Patagonia :)

pete

Mu-43 Regular
Hello Fred and welcome to mu43. You will find loads of tips, how to's and some fine instruction via newly made videos that show how to use the ep cameras. And above all the people here are first rate...Including me :)

Welcome,

PEte

hohoho

Mu-43 Regular
And a hearty Bienvenu! from me, a twentieth-rater, too!

Here are some photos I like of Iceland; perhaps you'll like them too.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Welcome Fred :friends:

you should have a wonderful record of your hiking trips with that setup... I hope you'll post more in due course!

Cheers

Brian

Fred49

Mu-43 Regular
thanks for the welcome messages
and for the link Rax, i really enjoyed browsing them.

i am into Brian videos atm, and good news i can understand you when you speak.
Ii learned english 30 years ago reading Gary Gygax Dungeons and Dragons so if i can read it fluently and write usualy what i mean, my hearing / speaking is quite impaired, once i asked for "two half" pints in a London pub and they thought i said "twelve"...

Christilou

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Welcome, I'm new here too:smile: You've taken some great photos already. I have an Olympus E420 and got some great photos in Morocco last Autumn with just the 25mm pancake lens for travelling light. I found I only missed the zoom a couple of times. I'm using a Panasonic GH1 now but it's not that much smaller than the E420, on the plus side the viewfinder is amazing for my aging eyesight :biggrin:

hohoho

Mu-43 Regular
and for the link Rax, i really enjoyed browsing them.
If you're at all interested in photo books I can recommend Rax's Faces of the North. I ordered my copy directly from Iceland (a very simple process) and this made its arrival even more welcome.

And if you're not at all interested in photo books then you should be, so that (like me) you can enjoy the pleasure of tiptoing around the piles of them that grow on the floor once all the bookshelves are full.

Wikipédia nous dit qu'il existe une édition en français : Visages du nord: Islande, Féroé, Groenland (Reykjavík: Mál og menning, 2005. ISBN 9979-32593-3).

Please don't worry about your English. It's clear that your English is not as atrophied as my French.

Gusnyc

Mu-43 Veteran
Hello from another new member!

Are you going to Argentina?. I was born there. I hope you enjoy your trip.

Bienvenue!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom