1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hi from Fife

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Maczero, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Maczero

Maczero Mu-43 Regular

Feb 13, 2010
    Fife
    I found out about this site from visiting the Serious Compacts website and have been dropping in occasionally as a visitor. However, I have now taken the step of getting a GF-1 (the airport price with cashback offer was just too good to pass up) and my wife has an EP-1, so we are balanced on the Panasonic/Olympus divide.

I have been shooting Olympus DSLRs for the last few years, but I crave portability. The Ricoh GX200, excellent camera though it be, has real problems in some conditions. M43 seems to deliver on the promise of small cameras with decent IQ.

I just need to learn how to shoot the GF1 - looking for some tips and inspiration from here!

Andrew (Maczero)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi Andrew,

congratulations, and welcome to the forum! you've found the right place here for help on the GF1 - we have a forum dedicated to quick start with m4/3rds, and some serious experience among our members.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions, this is probably the most helpful forum you'll find for m4/3rds. :grouphug:

Cheers

Brian

3. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Welcome Andrew, you will enjoy it here

4. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

Welcome Andrew!

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Andrew, and I hope Andrew's wife as well. Congratulations to both of you on your two very fine camera choices.:2thumbs:

6. JimNYUK

JimNYUK Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 4, 2010
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Hi Andrew.
    Welcome, I am sure you will find plenty of help and inspiration here. A great bunch of people.
    Jim

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.