Hi from Essex, UK !!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by savvy, Sep 28, 2012.

1. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    Hi,

Been lurking on a number of M4/3 forums, so decided to join up :smile:

I'm a 50+ male, who has really only had a passing interest in photography - until now ....... :biggrin:

I wanted a decent camera to record my trip to the Paralympics here in London, after a disappointing showing from my little old Casio P&S when we went to the earlier Olympics sessions. I was originally looking at a Sony S100, RX100, or Fuji X10, for pocketability, but ...

To cut a long story short, I bought an Olympus E-PL3 with double zoom kit lenses, plus 17mm Pancake, plus spare battery, hardly used,for a steal in my local paper, all receipts included.

Got some OK'ish results at the Paralympics - the 17mm on the body made it very portable, and the 40-150 zoom in the stadium allowed me to capture stuff I'd never have got otherwise.

After a shaky start, I started reading lots of tutorials, and am now a little bit more confident in using Aperture Priority, and Manual modes with this camera.

Still learning, and good to see lots of knowledgeable people on here ......

Rgds.

Les.

2. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    There is always things to learn.No one is perfect or catching the perfect shot right from the beginning.Welcome to the forum and enjoy your browsing here!I am sure you will find excellent information and shots!

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum!

4. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Greetings Les