Hi, from Denver, Colorado

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by awatahurm, Jul 10, 2011.

1. awatahurm

awatahurm Mu-43 Regular

Jul 10, 2011
    Hi, everybody. I’m a complete beginner — unless you want to count “Canon Power Shot A1000” shot at full Auto mode.
    My goal is to bring back beautiful photos from my trips to Japan. (It’s a beautiful country, so I just want to do it justice.)
    I don’t believe that any camera can make you a good photographer. But the Olympus PEN cameras have captured my imagination, and this is motivating me to understand the art of photography.
    Specifically, I want to get good at shooting people on the street, architecture and fall colors.
    My gear is E-PL2 with the 14-42 lens, VF-2 viewfinder, Pentax 20mm/ f 1.7 lens, Olympus 40-150mm f 4.0-5.6, and Photoshop.

This is a big price jump from my trusty little “Power Shot”, so I want to make an equally big jump in the quality of my photos.
    Please feel free to offer suggestions. My next trip is in November. I hope this gives me enough time to master the basics.

PS. Even though I recently bought the E-PL2, I soooo want the E-P3. And I love this commercial:

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8K_MdzZGeI&feature=related]YouTube - ‪E-P3 CM OLYMPUS PEN‬‏[/ame]

It says, “Yesterday’s me... Today’s me... Tomorrow’s me...”
    “I am changing everyday. But, the real me is unchanging throughout.”
    “Changeless things. Things that change.”
    “PEN, the third generation. Olympus.”
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome to the forum

Welcome aboard awatahurm.

Nice to have you with us. I think you'll be very very happy with your new PEN, it's a great piece of kit.

We look forward to seeing your images, and answering your questions. This is a friendly place, so go ahead and ask away!

Cheers from New England, Alan

PS. Nice commercial, I hadn't seen it.
  3. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Welcome. You have all the gear you need. Now you need to learn to see. Look around at some of the galleries and you'll see some great work. See what you like; see what you don't.